Recipe: Perfect Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha
Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha. During winter season, we get fresh tuvar, lilva, pigeon pea in abundance. This can be used for making curry, paratha, kachori, pulao etc. The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan), also known as pigeonpea, red gram, tur, pwa kongo in Haiti,, guandú and frijol de palo in Ibero-America, or as gungo peas in Jamaica.
Green Peas paratha is a very delicious, healthy and filling breakfast. Divide the dough into equal portions, Stuff the green peas masala into the dough. Get latest info on Pigeon Pea Seeds, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traders, wholesale suppliers with Pigeon Pea Seeds prices for buying. You can cook Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha
- Prepare of For lilvaa stuffing:.
- You need 3/4 cup of lilvaa (pigeon peas/ tuvar dana).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Prepare 2 tsp of green chillies paste.
- You need 1 pinch of soda bi carb.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar powder.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- You need of For outer covering/ dough.
- It’s 3/4 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Ghee for roasting.
Green Peas Paratha recipe – How to make Green Peas Paratha. Punjabi Rotis, Parathas Frozen Foods, Indian Freezer Recipes Indian Tawa Tava For the green peas paratha dough. Sieve both the flours with the salt. Combine the flours and ghee and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha instructions
- Crushed lilvaa (pigeon peas)in mixer jar coarsely. In kadhai add, heat oil do tempering of mustard seed, sesame seeds, turmeric powder,green chillies paste.Add coarsely grinded lilvaa(pigeon peas) mixture. Add& mix salt and soda bi carb. Cover and cook till lilvaa (pigeon peas) are soft..
- Add garam masala, sugar powder and lemon juice mix well. Off the flame. Add & mix chopped fresh coriander leaves. Keep the mixture to cool before stuffing. Make 2 portions..
- In wheat flour add & mix salt & oil. Add little water and bind in semi- soft dough. Make 2 equal balls from it. Take one portion of dough,roll into round roti. Spread 1 portion of prepared lilvaa(pigeon peas) mixture as shown.
- Collect all edges and make round flat ball..
- Roll lightly into 6" round paratha. Roast on hot nonstick tawa..
- Roast lilvaa paratha on both side by applying ghee on both sides. Similarly prepared another lilvaa paratha..
- Serve/ Relish Nutritious Hot Lilvaa Paratha/ Pigeon Peas Paratha with curd..
Let me update you guys about our weight loss. As promised to myself, I did not cook any deep fried dishes for the month of December. We did eat junk food once a while at parties, but tried to avoid it as much as possible. The pigeon peas (Cajanus cajan), alternatively known as Angola Pea, Gungo Pea, Congo-Pea, Pigeon-Pea, No Eye Pea, Red Gram, Yellow Dhal, Puerto Rico Pea, is a plant species in the legume family of the widely cultivated genus Cajanus Adans. Four varieties of pigeon peas are: tree types.