Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants.
I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. This Italian wedding soup recipe is simple to make and the absolute BEST thing to eat! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. You can cook Italian Wedding Soup using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare 1 of For the meatballs.
- It’s 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3/4 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 4 clove of gatlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregeno.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of minced yellow onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- You need 10 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Ditalini or other small pasta.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach washed and trimmed.
Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! Served at every Italian-American wedding across the nation, Italian Wedding Soup is something no self-respecting Italian-American couple would ever think of getting married without it.
Italian Wedding Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° combine meatball ingredients in a bowl and stir gently with a fork. Form into 1 inch meatballs, place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake meatballs for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned..
- In the meantime for the soup heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven add the onion, carrots and celery and salt until softened 5 to 6 minutes. Stirring occasionally add the chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil .Add the pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the pasta is tender. Add the meatballs to the soup and simmer for one minute. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute until the spinach is just wilted. Served hot..
Italian wedding soup really is such an easy soup to make. The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs. You can use any combination of ground meat you like. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself.