Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Cajun Red Beans and Rice. I grew up in Louisiana and love red beans and rice; these are just like I remember. Serve with Tabasco sauce for a little kick. I thought i would never be able to duplicate grams red beans and rice!
Red Beans Rice And Sausage, Cajun Style, Tutorial. Prechopped vegetables and canned beans keep this version of red beans and rice simple yet satisfying. Partially mash beans with a fork. You can have Cajun Red Beans and Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- It’s 400 g of red beans.
- You need 1/2 kg of Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds.
- It’s 6 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground sage.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar (apple cider or red wine).
The best version of red beans and rice that I've come across. Place kidney beans in large pot. Traditional red beans and rice are made with sausage, but we don't need any of that here! I was honestly shocked when I tried my first bite of these; they I would love for you guys to try this authentic Cajun recipe for vegan red beans and rice so you can enjoy true Louisiana cookin' in your own home!
Cajun Red Beans and Rice step by step
- Soak the beans overnight in water..
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute..
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice..
Red beans and rice is an emblematic dish of Louisiana Creole cuisine (not originally of Cajun cuisine) traditionally made on Mondays with red beans, vegetables (bell pepper, onion, and celery), spices (thyme, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf) and pork bones as left over from Sunday dinner. Red beans slowly simmered with a smoky ham hock until they absorb all of its flavour before being served over rice in one flavour packed meal. One of my favourite versions at the moment is this Cajun style red beans and rice dish which is pure comfort food and it has been a perfect fit over the. Red Beans and Rice is a classic Cajun comfort food recipe, with perfectly spiced beans simmered slowly in a pot with smoked andouille sausage, onions, bell peppers and celery, served up with rice for surprisingly complex flavor. This Red Beans and Rice Cajun Sides is a new take on a traditional New Orleans dish, with the bold flavors of red beans, onion, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper and a zesty Cajun sauce.