Recipe: Appetizing SHEREE'S MEXICAN RICE..
SHEREE'S MEXICAN RICE... Hey Guys Many of you requested for a quick Mexican rice recipe, so here's the recipe for you. Do give a big like to this recipe in case you liked it. Rice is cooked with cumin and onion, then simmered with tomato sauce and chicken broth for this restaraunt-inspired Mexican rice recipe.
Our Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice (aka Spanish Rice) rivals anything you can get in a restaurant. This Mexican Rice is slightly on the dry side, which is just how Mexican restaurants serve their sides. This easy Mexican Rice is flavored with fresh tomato, white onion, garlic, and jalapeno. You can cook SHEREE'S MEXICAN RICE.. using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SHEREE'S MEXICAN RICE..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of veggie, canola, or EVOO,… to be honest for flavor i use bacon grease.
- It’s 2 cup of long grain rice; rinsed.
- It’s 1 medium of onion diced or minced.
- Prepare 3 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes and green chiles diced…. drain off the liquid (if you want it hotter leave juice on)… 10oz can.
- Prepare 1 can of diced or whole tomatoes,,.. ,, 14.5 oz can.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth,. low sodium.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of ***** 1/8 cup fresh cilantra.
Can Mexican Rice be made ahead? This rice is such a favorite dish in my house that sometimes it is the main dish, accompanied with beans, avocado or topped with a fried egg as it is served in some restaurants in. This easy Mexican Rice from Delish.com is a vegetable-loaded delight. This easy recipe for Mexican rice is so full of flavor and better than any we've had from a Tex-Mex restaurant.
SHEREE'S MEXICAN RICE.. step by step
- THIS RECIPE IS FROM THE PIONEER WOMAN…Love her reciepes.. I've modified it for my families taste buds..
- put oil in skillet on med heat. add onion cook for about 3 minutes. reduce heat to med/ low pour rice and garlic..
- stir rice constantly…. make sure rice doesn't burn. cook for about 5 minutes … getting tan …
- add drained tomatoes and green chiles…
- add can of regular tomatoes with the juice… stir tomatoes into the rice until it gets hot (about 2-3 minutes).
- add chicken both and add salt and cumin. turn heat back up to med. bring to a boil…
- turn down to low, cover, and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. don't keep lifting the lid to check it. it will get sticky. after 10 minutes lift lid and stir. if it need more liquid add it. recover and allow to cook roughly about 5 more minutes more. rice should be done….
- just before serving add the cilantra.
Barbara Adams features beyond wonderful features, global cuisine, recipe collections, quick and easy recipes, classic family favorites, cooking tips, culinary experts, party ideas. Are you craving that great Mexican rice from your favorite taco stand? Try this Mexican rice recipe from Food.com. If you love a rich and flavorful rice side dish to round out Taco Tuesday this tomatoey Mexican rice If you've ever attempted your favorite Mexican restaurant's rice at home and failed, raise your hand. Serve this healthy Mexican fried rice with avocado, crumbed feta, coriander and fresh lime.