How to Cook Perfect Brads Cajun prawns with sausage and grits
Brads Cajun prawns with sausage and grits. Cajun shrimp and grits is a delicious southern dish that is perfect for Mardi Gras or any time. It is almost time to start all the fun Mardi Gras festivities. I make my shrimp and grits New Orleans style, with a little creole twist by adding some red pepper, andouille sausage and cajun seasonings.
Here, hearty andouille sausage adds a Cajun kick. I would either half the grit recipe or double the shrimp recipe to even out the proportions. I added two cans of chopped green chilis to the grits and they were even better! You can cook Brads Cajun prawns with sausage and grits using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brads Cajun prawns with sausage and grits
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 of andouille sausage.
- You need 1 pint of heavy cream, divided.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded pepper jack, divided.
- It’s 2 lbs of 21-30 count prawns, peeled.
- Prepare 4 tbs of Cajun spice.
- Prepare of For the grits.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry grits.
- Prepare 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Combine shrimp, sausage, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and oregano in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Remove sausage, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan. Stir in sausage, crabmeat, and spices; cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately over hot cooked grits.
Brads Cajun prawns with sausage and grits instructions
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a large fry pan. Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until fairly carmelized on medium low heat..
- When carmelized, add white wine and sausage. Turn heat up to medium and reduce 3/4 of the liquid..
- Add add 1 cup each, cream and pepper jack. Then Cajun spice. Stir constantly until cheese melts. Simmer on medium low until sauce starts to thicken..
- Add prawns and simmer until they are just done..
- At the same time. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add remaining cream, dry grits, and bouillon. Reduce heat to low. Stir constantly about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining pepper jack. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit a few minutes..
- In a bowl, place grits to one side. Add prawns and sausage. Spoon plenty of sauce over them. Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
How to make cajun shrimp sausage pasta: You will start by adding olive oil in a large skillet. Then you will cook your seasoned shrimp until At this point you will also add your shrimp and sausage back to the pan and reheat them. If you like your sauce a bit thicker, you may want to add. Err'body say "sausage"KEEP IT GOINGEggs, bacon, grits, SAUSAGE! Tell that bitch come here, lick my SAUSAGE!