Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Cajun Herb Green Beans
Cajun Herb Green Beans. Cooked green beans >salt & pepper to Taste. Cut Bacon in Small Pieces And Fry Until Crisp. These Cajun Green Beans just so happen to be low carb, gluten free and big in flavor!
Join Chef Bourque as he cooks his Cajun style green beans and homegrown potatoes on the bayou. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Fold in and seal edges of foil over beans to make a packet. You can have Cajun Herb Green Beans using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Herb Green Beans
- It’s 2 lb of Snapped Green Beans.
- Prepare 3 slice of Bacon, crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 5 of red potatoes, cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cup of precooked ham, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Bell Pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 6 of sweet basil, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
These pickled green beans are the bomb! I loved pickled vegetables, and have had a couple of different brands of green beans. This brand is like the best of them combined! They are just a little spicy, the beans are long and will be perfect with a Bloody Mary, or just to accompany a sandwich..
Cajun Herb Green Beans instructions
- In a skillet fry bacon until done. Drain on paper towel..
- Add to skillet with drippings; green beans, onions, bell pepper & celery. Cook until onions are clear & slightly browned. 5-10 minutes.
- In a large pot add broth, water & wine over med-high heat..
- When onions are ready add green bean skillet mixture to liquid in large pot..
- Add thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, pepper, salt, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce & bacon pieces. Stir..
- While boiling, cover pot then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes..
- Add potatoes & ham. Cook covered for an additional 30-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Serve.
Potatoes and Green Beans–a quick one pot meal of cajun-style andouille sausage, quartered red potatoes, fresh green beans. This homemade Cajun Seasoning recipe is the perfect blend of zesty, spicy, savory flavors that are sure to kick any dish up a delicious notch. Long and crunchy Chinese green beans! Quickly stir-fried Sichuan style with red chilies, Sichuan peppercorns, and sesame oil. They taste like the European-American style of green beans but the flavor is sharper and they have a crunchier texture.