Recipe: Tasty Home Fries My Version
Home Fries My Version. Rinse potato cubes with cold water, and drain well. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, and stir to coat with butter.
Add onion and saute until soft. My boys LOVED these home fries! It took a little longer to cook until crispy and you have to eat them as soon as you plate them though as they will not hold their crispy state long. You can have Home Fries My Version using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home Fries My Version
- Prepare 4 medium of russet potatos, peeled and cut into 1inche cubes.
- It’s 4 of breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 medium of anaheim peppers, chopped or pepper you like.
- You need 4 slice of of bacon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Very tasty and will be making these again. Bring the potatoes to a boil. Drain the potatoes into a colander. Let them cool for a minute or so.
Home Fries My Version step by step
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large oven proof skillet heat 1tablespoon oil, add sausage and brown on all sides, add butter, onion, garlic and chopped pepper, and cajun seasoning, pepper and salt if needed, cook until vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked through, remove to a plate and set aside..
- Heat last Tablespoon of oil in same skillet, add cubed raw potatoes and stir to coat with oil, lay bacon on top of potatos, put in the pre heated oven and roast 20 to 30 minutes turning a few times until golden and cooked through..
- Remove from oven, take bacon slices out and chop. Cut reserved sausage into slices, add sausage, cooked onions garlic and peppers to potatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped bacon, return to oven just to heat through. Serve hot..
Home Fries are the ultimate in comfort-food side dishes. They brown beautifully and have a rich flavor that both your grownup and kid frineds will love. Briefly microwaving the potatoes gives them a head start on cooking. Quick tip – adding butter not only helps them brown better, but also lends rich flavor. Waxy potatoes won't break down in the pan when cubed and sautéed.