Recipe: Perfect Beignets
Beignets. See more ideas about beignets, beignet recipe, cooking recipes. These beignets are officially the bane of my existence…. Okay, that's being a little dramatic, but it's ridiculous that they have been.
They're soft, pillowy, fluffy and airy, not to mention totally scrumptious. Close your eyes, take a bite and enjoy! A traditional New Orleans-style recipe for their famous beignets! You can cook Beignets using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beignets
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of yeast.
- You need 1/8 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water(boil more and measure out the exact amount).
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 4 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar for dusting.
Learn how to make New Orleans-Style Beignets! AKA Fried Dough covered in powdered sugar! An easy recipe anyone can make! Enjoy pillowy, sugary New Orleans-style Beignets right at home.
- 1/4 cup room temperature water sprinkle the yeast over the water and let stand for about 5 minutes to dissolve..
- Combine the butter sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over the butter mixture and then stir in the evaporated milk and vanilla. Wait for the mixture to cool down to touch.
- Then add the yeast and water mixture and beaten egg to that mixture..
- Slowly mix in the flour until the dough forms a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Working with a ¼ portion of the dough at a time, roll out the dough 1/8-inch thick. Use flour as need as you roll this out. Cut the rolled out dough into strips 2 inches wide, then cut again in the opposite direction and at an angle, making triangle shapes..
- Heat your oil for frying in a deep and wide, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat to 360 degree F (180 degrees C)..
- Slide dough slowly into the oil to avoid splattering and deep fry until they puff up and are golden brown on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes. (Do a test on one or two to adjust the heat and time). Carefully remove onto a rack with paper towels underneath and allow to cool until you can handle them.
- Place in a bowl and use a sifter to dust the beignets with powdered sugar..
Start the dough the night before, and let it rise slowly overnight for a sweet breakfast, or do it all in the morning. Beignets – These New Orleans doughnuts are the best! Soft, pillowy and light just like the ones eat at Cafe du Monde but taste even better! Beignets are donut-like fried dough that are dusted with powdered sugar. They are sometimes misspelled as benyas.