Recipe: Appetizing Louisiana Gumbo
Louisiana Gumbo. Reviews for: Photos of Louisiana Gumbo. Louisiana Gumbo. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This hearty Louisiana-style gumbo is the perfect comfort food for a cool evening especially when Serve with cornbread or a crusty loaf of French bread for sopping up that luscious gumbo sauce.
Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener. The best gumbo I have ever tasted. I like to let this gumbo rest for a few hours and then reheat it before serving. You can have Louisiana Gumbo using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Louisiana Gumbo
- You need 4 of chicken breast.
- You need of sausage (I like polish) as much as you like.
- It’s 4 lbs of shrimp.
- You need 2 cups of crab meat.
- Prepare bundle of celery stalks (sliced, leaves and all but the butt of it).
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of bellpeppers diced.
- Prepare 4 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 carton of chicken broth.
- It’s of vegetable oil (little under 2 cups).
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of seasoned salt.
- Prepare of onion salt.
- Prepare of old bay seasoning.
- You need 2 dashes of Gumbo file.
- Prepare tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 4 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
Serve over rice with crackers and Louisiana hot sauce. We have other jars of rue in our pantry but always reach for Louisiana Fish Fry Product "Cajun Gumbo Base". Food writer, historian, and BBQ scholar Rien Fertel sits down with Cajun cooking king Isaac Toups and the legend. See more ideas about Louisiana recipes, Recipes, Gumbo.
Louisiana Gumbo step by step
- Put a little oil on a skillet, cube your chicken and cut round pieces of your sausage. Add your favorite seasoning (seasoned salt, onion salt, etc.) Add 1 table spoon of minced garlic. Fry until done. Them put it all in a big pot.
- Put a little oil in the same skillet. Peel shrimp (no tails). Put in skillet. Put crab meat in skillet. Season it with Old Bay seasoning. Cook until shrimp is pink. Put in big pot with your chicken and sausage..
- Poor a carton of chicken broth in big pot. If the liquid level is not even to the top of the meat poor water until the liquid level is even to the top of the meat. Then add 4 chicken bullions to the pot..
- Making the Roux… 1 cup of flower and 1 cup of oil in a pan/skillet and whisk it nonstop for 30 minutes. Continue to whisk it can burn. It will turn a very dark color but that's what you want..
- In another skillet add a little oil put diced onions, celery, bellpepper, mushrooms in there. Put a tbsp of minced garlic and any other favorite seasoning. (Season salt, onion salt, etc.) Kinda saute it but still a little crunchy looking. Add your Roux to this and mix till mixed in well. Then add to your pot..
- In the pot add a tbsp and a half of Old Bay seasoning. Put a little bit of red pepper flakes. Stir well put on med heat for an hour and 30 minutes. The last 15 minutes of cook time add 2 dashes of Gumbo file to thicken it up some..
- Serve over rice and ENJOY!.
Okay y'all, I did promise you some Louisiana recipes and here it is different Louisiana Gumbo recipes. Wandering Louisiana in search of the perfect gumbo is a noble task that will certainly lead you on some dynamic adventures. Learn to make seafood gumbo with this iconic Louisiana recipe featuring Louisiana blue crabs and shrimp. Like traditional gumbo, this vegetarian version includes the requisite celery, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and okra, making this a Creole-style or Louisiana vegetarian gumbo rather than a Cajun. Learn how to make Louisiana Gumbo.