How to Make Yummy Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich. Po boy sandwiches are typically either seafood or roast beef (although I had a roast duck po boy near Grand Isle, Louisiana recently), and the best Shrimp po boys are served everywhere in Louisiana, but you can also do the same things with crawfish tails, catfish fillets or oysters—all are common in. The bread for a shrimp po'boy sandwich is nearly as important as the shrimp. It will be difficult to find the French bread loaves used in New Orleans because it Look for French bread loaves with thin, crisp crusts and fluffy interiors.
A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy or poor boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, which is usually roast beef or fried seafood, often shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters or crab. The meat is served on New Orleans French bread, known for its crisp crust and fluffy center. You can cook Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich
- Prepare 3 lb of Unpeeled, large raw shrimp.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk (of your choice I prefer buttermilk).
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of Remoulade Sauce.
- It’s 1 envelope of Zatarrins shrimp fry.
- You need 4 of Hoagies.
- You need of Remoulade Sauce.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of cup mustard (creole mustard if possible).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sweet paprika.
- It’s of 1- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of Horseradish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pickle juice (dill or sweet its up to you).
- It’s 1 tsp of Hotsauce (preferably Tobasco).
- You need 1 large of Garlic Clove minced and or smashed.
Shrimp po' boy sandwich- Crispy, crunchy shrimp piled mile high on a buttered toasted french roll, stuffed with crunchy cabbage, fresh tomatoes – drizzled with a lip smacking remoulade sauce. These delicious po' boy sandwiches are classic New Orleans fare—the shrimp is deep fried to golden crusty perfection and served on split baguettes. Add the liquid to the milk, hot sauce, and. A po-boy is a traditional sub sandwich that you can find in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich step by step
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by making a deep slit down back of each from large end to tail, cutting to but not through inside curve of shrimp. Devein shrimp, and place in a large bowl..
- Whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients. Pour mixture over shrimp. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour..
- Combine fish fry mix and 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning. Dredge shrimp in fish fry mixture, and shake off excess. Arrange on baking sheets..
- Pour oil into a skillet . Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on wire racks over paper towels..
- TOAST AND PREPARE THAT BREAD.
- REMOULADE TIME.
This is the shrimp version of the sandwich. Shrimp Po Boys are the ultimate sandwich for seafood lovers! How Do I Prepare the Shrimp for a Po Boy Sandwich? Traditionally, this classic sub sandwich is served on a soft baguette roll with meat, usually fried seafood (oysters, shrimp, catfish, etc.) or sometimes beef or chicken. The best Po'boy sandwich with crispy spicy shrimp and a creamy tangy remoulade.