Easiest Way to Make Tasty Crockpot Red beans and rice
Crockpot Red beans and rice. This traditional Creole red beans and rice recipe is made extra easy in the slow cooker! If you know me you know I loveee my crockpot! I am planning on sharing my recipes with you all.
If you like a meatier red beans and rice, add a ham bone, ham hocks, diced ham, or some bacon to the beans. This makes a large Crock Pot full of dinner for us. You may only need one box for your family, adjust water needs accordingly.) We've made this beans and rice recipe a handful of times now, and I recently served it to guests at our home. You can have Crockpot Red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Red beans and rice
- You need 1 of 14oz pack of smoked sausage.
- You need 3 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pig butter (bacon grease).
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning (I buy in bulk at natural food store you can use whatever brand you want).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need 4 cup of rice (2 cups uncooked as rice doubles in size when cooking).
This Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice recipe is my new favorite meal. Not only is it FULL of flavor, but Red beans and rice is actually a popular New Orleans cajun meal, but it was introduced to me in college by a roommate of mine. I'm not sure if this is traditional Red Beans and Rice but it sure is good! I cook the rice separately and let my family choose how they eat it.
Crockpot Red beans and rice instructions
- Chop up peppers and sauage.
- Fry up the peppers and sausage in the bacon fat (feel free to use whatever you want to fry it in for you health nuts but I like the flavor it gives) if not using bacon grease add dash of salt..
- Rinse canned beans and add to crock pot.
- Add all the spices to the pot and mix in the chicken broth.
- Add sautéed peppers and sausage when the sausage is good and browned..
- Let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pour over rice and enjoy.
Place olive oil, garlic, peppers and onion in the bottom of a crock pot. Add black beans, red beans, sausage, hot links and. Home » Dinners » Pork » Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice. Red beans and rice has always been a favorite of mine. I love this crock pot version for the times when I have all day to let it simmer, and I also love this skillet version for when I'm shorter on time.