Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice. Save On Dirty Rice Mix at Walmart. This colorful version of dirty rice is made with black beans, corns, tomatoes, peppers, pine nuts, and spices. Serve as a main dish or as a side.
This Dirty Rice recipe is a popular Cajun dish made with white rice that becomes "dirty" in color when cooked with beef, sausage, chicken, veggies and spices. It's made in just one pot and is a hearty, flavorful meal everyone will love! If you love Cajun and Creole recipes be sure to try my New Orleans Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, and Jambalaya. You can cook Dirty Rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dirty Rice
- It’s 1 lb of chicken liver.
- It’s 1 of roll of pork sausage.
- Prepare 1 of stalk of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of chopped red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of chopped yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of cups chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of about 5 shakes of dried parsley.
Add the rice and stir thoroughly. Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves. Dirty Rice is a Cajun Classic. Paula Deen's direty rice recipe uses chicken livers to give the rice its color.
Dirty Rice step by step
- Heat butter in a skillet add celery cook on med heat about 10minutes.
- Add to celery cook about 10min. When done Add to the rice.
- break apart with spoon while cooking . cook until brown ,drain on paper towel.
- Fry livers in the same skillet until brown, breaking apart with the spoon while it cooks when it browns drain on a paper towel.
- Mix sausage and liver with rice and stir good, add 2 cups of chicken broth. Add more broth if you like. Season to taste I prefer lawry's , Mix well sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!.
Can be used as a main or side dish. Dirty Rice is a cajun dish that has been made for ages and is loaded with tons of flavor. Dirty Rice is a spicy and flavorful Cajun rice dish made from white rice. It gets its "dirty" color from finely chopped chicken livers and ground beef or pork. The chicken livers give it such a deep flavor.