Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Fried cheese grits
Fried cheese grits. Whip the eggs, and dip the grit pieces in the eggs, then dredge them in the flour. "Fried" and "Grits" are two words that every true Southern cook uses regularly. (If you are using leftover cheese grits, just press them flat into the cake pan.) Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. In the south we also love to fry all kinds of things that were not originally intended to be fried! So cheese grits are no exception to that rule!
Grits might just be the easiest, most comforting dish to make. Crispy Fried Grits Fritters made from cheese grits with bacon, corn, and green onion. Dip them in a sweet and spicy pepper jelly sauce for an appetizer with tons of southern flair. You can have Fried cheese grits using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried cheese grits
- It’s 1 cup of leftover cooked grits.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ricotta or paneer cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated romano parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, extra virgin to fry with.
Cheese Grits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Comments About This Recipe What do you think of Country Fried Cheese Grits? Then you'll love these fried grits cakes. Divide grits evenly among bowls and top with kale, fried chicken, and more pepper jelly.
Fried cheese grits step by step
- Mash all the grits to get lumps out add parmesan cheese milk and mix well..
- Add ricotta or paneer cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs mix well form into patties let sit a bit.
- Heat oil pan fry little bits will come off as you fry and turn delicately I didn't want to add an egg to help bind it but you can if you like.
Recipe: Fried Cheese Grits – wine me, dine me. Fried Grits Cakes.chill leftover cooked grits, form into cakes, dip in beaten egg, then bread crumbs (I like Panko) and fry in a little oil. Classic southern Cheese Grits – Creamy grits with cheddar cheese and a hint of garlic. They're pretty much standard fare at a southern fish fry and can stand in for polenta in lots of recipes. Seasoned tilapia and creamy, cheese grits makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.