Recipe: Tasty Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice
Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice. Add the fresh tuvar dana (fresh pigeon peas) and mix well. Let the pressure cooker cool by itself and then open the lid. The tuvar dana bhaar / pigeon peas rice is ready.
Pigeon pea is one of the important pulse or legume crop in tropical and subtropical areas of the world. Keep stirring for a few minutes on low flame, till it is cooked. Add this to cooked dal and eat with rice. You can cook Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 of dry red chilli.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder or as per spice level needed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh green tuvar dana fresh green pigeon peas. I have used the frozen fresh tuvar dana.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice washed and soaked for half hour.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need of salt as per taste.
Tuvar Lilva (Pigeon Peas) and Methi ni Bhaji (Fenugreek Leaves) together is my favorite. I love to prepare Tuvar Methi Bhakri, Thepla, Handvo, Sabji and more. By all means if you don't like fenugreek, substitute with other greens like spinach. Tomato Rice – By VahChef @ VahRehVah.com.
Tuvar Dana Bhaat/Pigeon Peas Rice instructions
- In a pressure cooker pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and when they crackle add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, dry red chilli and asafoetida..
- Add chopped onion and saute. Saute the onions till translucent and then add ginger garlic paste. Saute for few seconds. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute for few more seconds..
- Add the fresh tuvar dana (fresh pigeon peas) and mix well. Saute. Add the soaked and drain rice and saute for a minute.
- Add water and salt and mix well. Cover the lid and pressure cook the rice for 4 high whistles and 2 low whistle. Let the pressure cooker cool by itself and then open the lid. The tuvar dana bhaar / pigeon peas rice is ready..
- Serve the rice plain or with yogurt/buttermilk/gujarati kadhi and papad, pickle and salad..
The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan), also known as pigeonpea, red gram, tur, pwa kongo in Haiti,, guandú and frijol de palo in Ibero-America, or as gungo peas in Jamaica. tuvar dana nu shaak – tuvar nu shaak banavani rit – tuver nu shak – Tuver lilva nu shaak It goes very well with Rotis, Rotlas and Rice. Learn how to make Green Pigeon Peas Curry very quick and easy to make eating with Roti paratha naan very delicious recipe. tuvar dana nu shaak – tuvar nu shaak banavani rit – tuver nu shak – Tuver lilva nu shaak – તુવેર નુ શાક – Tuvar ki sabji – Tuver . Tuvar Ringan Nu Shaak or Tuvar Ki Sabji is a popular Gujarati recipe consisting of tuvar (pigeon peas) and Gujarati Tuvar Lilva Curry (Pigeon Peas) Rice Quinoa Mix. Experience the authentic flavors of the Dominican Republic with this Rice and Pigeon Peas with Coconut recipe (called Moro de Guandules con Coco in the Dominican Republic).