Recipe: Yummy Boudin Balls
Boudin Balls. Chef John's recipe for fried boudin balls will be a welcome addition to your appetizer table and a hit at View image. Boudin Balls. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. This easy boudin balls recipe is the perfect appetizer, with Cajun boudin sausage hand formed, breaded and fried until golden.
The Anglo-Norman word boudin meant 'sausage', 'blood sausage' or 'entrails' in general. Isaac Toups is back in the MUNCHIES Test Kitchen and today he's making boudin balls, a classic Cajun dish made of pork shoulder, chicken liver, rice. Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce. You can have Boudin Balls using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boudin Balls
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Flour or Cajun Fish fry.
- It’s 1 box of of Boudin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Peanut Oil.
In Southeast Louisiana, folks take boudin, our beloved pork and rice sausage, remove it from its casing, and form it into balls that are then breaded. Boudin balls are a combination of cooked rice, pork, onions, green peppers, and seasonings rolled in panko breadcrumbs and fried until golden brown. Our boudin balls are easy to make with purchased or homemade boudin sausage. Click Play to See This Fried Boudin Balls With Remoulade Sauce Recipe Come Together.
Boudin Balls step by step
- Mix eggs in a bowl with milk and stir.
- Cut boudin into smal squares you can rol them into balls if you want..
- Have breading flour or fish fry in a container to bread (I use plastic bags ).
- Heat peanut oil in pan or fryer to 350°F.
- Take boudin balls and dip in milk-eggs mixture fully coat..
- Then drop into grease for 10min at most or until golden brown color.
Boudin balls are a specialty of Lousiana. We founded ~Ohh Stuffed Boudin Balls~ based on our love of quality food and our passion. Form Homemade Boudin into walnut-sized balls. For boudin balls, you simply remove the casing, roll it into balls, bread them and deep fry them to a perfect crisp. This takes sausage to a whole new level!