Recipe: Yummy Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba)
Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba). Select the pigeon peas like you would do beans, to remove chaff and insects. Pour the washed fio fio into a pot and cover with water. Delectable and healthy fio-fio (pigeon peas) dish that is packed with easily available ingredients.
Watch this interesting video on how to prepare the fio-fio dish!!! SUBSCRIBE to our YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE. A little bit of what pigeon pea is all about – Pigeon pea is a tropical and subtropical perennial legume. You can cook Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba)
- Prepare of Pigeon pea.
- Prepare of Potash.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- You need cubes of Salt/seasoning.
- You need of Fresh pepper.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare of Garden egg leaves (for garnish).
- Prepare of Tamarind powder (for making the tamarind pap).
Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business. Broadcast your events with reliable, high-quality live streaming. Record and instantly share video messages from your browser. Drain the soaking liquid and place pigeon peas in a pot.
Pigeon pea porridge (Fio Fio) & Tamarind pap (Tamba) instructions
- Pigeon pea are very hard and it takes a very long time to cook. Put a pot of water on fire, add a medium sized potash, add the peas,cover and cook for 12 hours (overnight)..
- Drain out the black water, add another water and cook for about another 30 minutes. When it is finally cooked (mashes up easily when you press it) add your palm oil, salt, seasoning cubes, blended pepper, chopped onions, half of the chopped garden egg leaves, cover and allow to boil together until all the ingredients are combined together..
- Taste for salt, add if necessary. Stir together and then cover and allow to steam. Garnish with garden egg leaves..
- Your Pigeon pea porridge is ready!!! Serve with hot tamarind pap. The tamarind pap is made the same way you make pap (akamu). Enjoy!!! ????????????.
The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan), also known as pigeonpea, red gram, tur, pwa kongo in Haiti,, guandú and frijol de palo in Ibero-America, or as gungo peas in Jamaica. Compare Porridge to Pigeon pea by vitamins and minerals using the only readable nutrition comparison tool. Pigeon pea is relatively richer in vitamins. Which food contains less Cholesterol? ? How Pigeon Pea is effective for various diseases is listed in repertory format.