Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia
Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia. View top rated Onion crusted tilapia recipes with ratings and reviews. Almond Crusted Tilapia in Coconut Milk Gravy, Cajun Spiced Onion Crusted Sirloin, Cornmeal Crusted Crusted Tilapia Sandwich definitely fits into this category. Fish crusted in nuts or spices might sound like a fancy restaurant dish, but you can enjoy it at home, the healthy way.
Tilapia is coated with ground almonds and Parmesan cheese in this delicious dish. I hope you guys enjoy this Cajun Tilapia and Vegetable Salad as much as we did. In this video I show you how to fry tilapia in a pan for a low carb recipe. You can cook Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia
- It’s 6 of tilapia filets.
- It’s 3/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 can of crispy fried onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
Pecan-Crusted Tilapia. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This easy panko-crusted tilapia is nicely seasoned with a light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard coating and some basic spices and herbs. In a food processor, combine the panko and fine bread crumbs, paprika, parsley, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Here, a combination of pecans and Cajun spices gives mild, flaky-white tilapia a crunchy crust and punch of savory flavor.
Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia step by step
- Combine breadcrumbs and dried spices in a mixing bowl. Crush the fried onions into the mixture..
- Whisk 3 eggs and buttermilk together in a small bowl to a smooth consistency..
- Set up a 3 step breading station in the following order. Flour – Egg Wash – Breadcrumbs..
- Use your left hand to dredge each filet in flour and shake off the excess. Drop in the egg wash bowl without getting your left hand wet..
- With your right hand, coat each filet with egg wash, and let the excess drip off before dropping it in the flour without getting flour on your hand..
- Use your left hand, the dry hand, to fully coat each filet. Place each breaded filet on a sheet tray that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray..
- Bake at 400° for approximately ten minutes or until thermometer reaches 145° and breading is golden and crispy..
- Alternatively, you could fry the tilapia..
- Garnish with scallions..
- Variations; Chives, fresh herbs, mustard, shallots, ground coriander seed, ground celery seed, allspice.
This is a fish dish that can turn around a seafood skeptic or picky eater. Cajun-spiced cornmeal crusted tilapia with lemon [ + ] [ Almond-Crusted Tilapia. Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is golden and crisp on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside using one simple trick. Easy to make for busy Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is one of my favorites to make for our weeknight dinners at home. I love how easily I can put the dish together with basic.