Recipe: Appetizing Catfish bitter leaf soup
Catfish bitter leaf soup. Bitter Leaf soup is a robust West African soup, predominant in countries like Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana. This dish is neither a soup nor sauce, but something in between – a slightly soupy vegetable that is served to accompany starchy food like fufu. Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Catfish Soup (Canh Chua Ca Tre) is one of many traditional Vietnamese soups, but it is this soup that What makes Canh Chua my all-time favorite soup is what finishes it off.
Catfish pepper soup is one of Nigerian's most popular evening recipes. I have been putting this away for a very long time because of the complexity of Utazi is a slightly bitter leaf that is used for several foods in Nigerian. I use utazi for Nkwobi, pepper soup and African salad. You can cook Catfish bitter leaf soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Catfish bitter leaf soup
- It’s 1 bunch of bitter leaf (washed and drained).
- It’s 2 tsp of ofor.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh pepper (blended).
- It’s of seasoning cube (1 knorr).
- Prepare of salt(a pinch).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 of cooking spoon palm oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of prewinkle.
- You need 1 of big fresh cat fish.
Have you seen my page on. Bitterleaf soup is one of the most traditional soups in Nigeria native to the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria. A lot of non-Igbos shy away from bitter leaf soup because they think that, true to it's name, it is a very bitter soup. But they can't be more wrong; Ofe onugbu does not taste bitter in the slightest.
Catfish bitter leaf soup step by step
- Clean, wash fish in hot water.. Cook with salt, onion, pepper and knorr cubes. Set aside.
- Heat cooking pot on gas, add palm oil and allow to bleach. Add offer while stirring constantly to avoid burning..
- Add water according to available ingredients and allow to boil.
- Add periwinkle and fish… Allow to boil, then add bitter leaf. Taste for ingredients….
Bitter Leaf soup is a West African soup; it is one of the main soups in countries like Nigeria Cameroon and Ghana. Egusi Soup is thickened with ground melon seeds and enriched with spices and vegetables. It can be prepared with leafy vegetables, such as bitter leaf. Bitter leaf is one of the widely used cooking vegetables in Nigeria known as onugbu by the Igbo's and scientifically called Vernonia Amygdalina. Simply rubbing it in between your palms and squeezing the juice out of it.