Recipe: Appetizing Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. Discover our menu and order delivery or pick up from a Popeyes near you. Copycat Recipes – This is another Copycat video for the infamous, Popeyes Chicken Sandwich. This is to make and follow recipe will.
Check out Todd Wilbur's top-secret recipe right here. Popeyes' new chicken sandwich may have people clucking about its taste, but its nutritional value is for the birds. Here's how the popular new menu item stacks up against similar fast food options. You can cook Popeye's Chicken Sandwich using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- It’s 2 of x Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk or Laban.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Breading.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of tabespoon Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cayeene Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- You need of Spicy Mayo.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mayo.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika or Cajun or Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Other.
- It’s 4 of Medium-sized Brioche Buns or Burger Buns.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Sliced Pickles.
- It’s of Burger Cheese.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of canola oil or Sunflower Oil.
This Popeye's chicken sandwich copycat is crispy, crunchy. and spicy—just like the original (but Brioche buns are the closest to the ones from Popeye's. They're slightly sweet and eggy and have a. Together, the elements of the Popeyes chicken sandwich are so perfectly balanced that they meld into one another to form a new, entirely coherent whole. After Popeyes debuted its first chicken sandwich, we had to ask: How do the calories and nutrition stack up against Chick-fil-A's sandwich?
Popeye's Chicken Sandwich step by step
- Gather all ingredients.
- Marinate the Chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts in between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 2 small pieces of chicken about the same size of the bun.
- In a large bowl, laban, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the mix and place in the fridge to marinate up to 24 hours or use right away.
- Too cook the chicken, heat the oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or pot on medium temperature.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spices. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the laban batter into the flour mixture and mix it with a fork.
- Work with one piece at a time, dredge chicken the flour mixture and press four on the top chicken to form a thick crust. Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and golden.
- To assemble, melt one tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan and toast buns face down until golden and crispy. Whisk all the ingredients for the mayo in a small bowl and spread a generous layer of mayo on each bun. Top with pickles, cheese and chicken. Enjoy! ????.
And so far, Popeyes new sandwich is proving extremely successful. The new Popeyes chicken sandwich is amazing, if you even got to try it, you know. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one when a coworker of mine waited an hour in line for a bag of them and. When Popeyes abruptly sold out of its highly sought-after spicy chicken sandwich in August, hungry fans demanded to know when the viral phenomenon would return to its menu. Plenty of people want the Popeyes fried chicken sandwich.