Recipe: Tasty Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta
Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta. See recipes for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta too. It's easier than it sounds, trust me. Thin Sliced Round Steak Recipes See great recipes for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta too!. […] This Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak recipe gets rave reviews!
The eye of round steak may look like a smaller tenderloin steak, but it's far less tender. Marinating is often needed for high-temperature. Beef eye of round steaks are simmered in a red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a fork. You can have Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta
- It’s 6 of eye of round steaks.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- You need of White pepper.
- You need of Montreal steak seasoning.
- You need 1 of LG onion, cut into long thin strips.
- Prepare 1 lb of crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream sherry.
- You need 1 stick of butter, divided.
- You need 4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need of For the polenta.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced onion.
- You need 3-4 of large jalapeños, seeded and minced.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk or half&half.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cajun spice.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need of For the cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 of LG head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- You need 2 tbs of oil.
- It’s of Cajun spice.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need Pinch of sea salt.
- You need of Louisiana hot sauce.
Season the steaks with thyme and seasoned salt, then dust them lightly with flour. All Bologna & Snack Sticks are Bologna: German – with mustard seed German – no mustard seed Garlic German German w/hi temp cheddar German Jalapeño w/hi. Add the butter, red wine, and beef broth into the pan. Once the butter melts, return the steaks to the pan.
Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta instructions
- Cover both sides of the steaks with sea salt, white pepper, and Montreal seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Drizzle oil and sprinkle seasonings to taste over them. Toss to coat. Place in a baking dish and roast at 375 until tender. When done, add hot sauce to taste..
- For the steaks, heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a frying pan. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium low heat until carmelized. When carmelized, turn heat up to medium and add sherry. Deglaze until all liquid is reduced..
- Start steaks and polenta at the same time..
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil. Sear steaks on one side. About 3-4 minutes. When nice and browned on one side, flip. Add 3 tbs butter and rosemary sprigs to the pan. Baste with a spoon for 3 or 4 minutes again. Remove when steaks are medium rare. Let steaks rest 3 minutes..
- At the same time in a saucepot, saute the onion and jalapeños for the polenta. Just until onions become translucent. Do not brown. Add water, milk, bouillon, and spices. Bring to a boil. When boiling, slowly whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook until you have a smooth polenta with no lumps or gritty texture. Add cheese and mix well..
- To plate, place polenta on the bottom. Put a steak on top. Spoon a little of the pan juice over it. Cover with sautéed mushrooms and onion. Serve cauliflower on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Eye of round steak is an inexpensive boneless cut of beef that is also very low in fat and calories. Grilling and pan frying, also known as searing, are ideal methods for cooking steak to rare or medium rare, as they brown the meat on the outside quickly while keeping. MasterChef Seared Steaks over Goat Cheese Polenta. Add the polenta to the pot of boiling water; whisk to thoroughly combine. Reduce the heat to medium; cook, whisking frequently to prevent lumps.