Recipe: Appetizing Buffalo chicken wontons
Buffalo chicken wontons. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, hot sauce, and Cheddar cheese to the cooked celery and mix thoroughly. Combine chicken, Cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, butter, and hot sauce in a bowl.
Creamy buffalo chicken wrapped up in wonton wrappers then drizzled in dressing! They are baked, not fried making them appealing to everyone. Buffalo chicken wontons are delicious buffalo chicken stuffed in a wonton and deep fried. You can have Buffalo chicken wontons using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buffalo chicken wontons
- Prepare 1 can of chunked chicken.
- Prepare 1 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bacon bits.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot salsa (for more heat).
- You need 10 of egg roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of buffalo sauce (or more to taste).
- Prepare 1 of blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
No risk of getting buffalo sauce on your face, clothes, or fingers. Another good reason to make these, is you can use a store bought rotisserie chicken to cut out some cook and prep time. Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups are a great, easy appetizer recipe to have on hand for football parties and cocktail parties. Buffalo chicken dip is one of my favorite easy appetizers for a day of sports watching, but it can be kind of a messy serving situation.
Buffalo chicken wontons instructions
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature..
- Drain can of chicken and mix into cream cheese, shredding apart the chunks as you mix..
- Add buffalo sauce, salsa, and bacon bits. Mix well..
- Cut egg roll wrappers into quarters..
- Fill wrappers with about 1tbs of cream cheese filling. Brush edges with egg wash (1 egg and 1 tbs water). Fold together corners diagonally to form a triangle..
- Place on baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly brush with olive oil..
- Bake in 350º oven for 10-13 mins or until golden with crispy edges..
- Remove from oven, place on paper towels to drain, then serve with dressing..
The filling for these Baked Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups is a mouthwatering combination of shredded chicken, buffalo hot sauce, green onions, cream cheese, Greek yogurt and a little melted cheese on top. The lighter ingredients are undetectable in these bites, so even your least health conscious game day guests won't notice. These Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups have all the same buffalo wing flavor everybody loves but with fewer calories! It has less ranch, less cream cheese, and no cheddar cheese. The funny thing is it literally tastes like the full fat one.