Recipe: Yummy Middle Eastern Adana Kabob
Middle Eastern Adana Kabob. Kebabs of all kinds are common in Turkish and Middle Eastern cuisines. This particular version is named after the city of Adana in Turkey, where it is said to have originated, and is traditionally made of minced lamb mounted on a skewer and grilled over charcoal. Great recipe for Middle Eastern Adana Kabob.
Adana kebab, also called kıyma kebabı, is actually named after the fourth largest city in Turkey, the city of Adana, where it first originated. Adana kebab is usually made out of ground lamb meat and tail fat, though there are many regional variations. Adana kebab has to be my very favorite kebab preparation. You can have Middle Eastern Adana Kabob using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Middle Eastern Adana Kabob
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Ground Lamb.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 bunch of flat parsley.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Biber (pepper spread) or crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 oz of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of for yogurt spread.
- You need 8 oz of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of for sandwich.
- Prepare 6 box of pita breads.
- Prepare 1 of chopped romain lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of chopped tomato.
- You need 1 of sliced red onion.
It is delicious, and has been adopted as a Middle Eastern delight. This is a Turkish variation of a kebab, and the Turks have an excellent reputation when it comes to grilling meat. Right here is you how to cook the most effective foods for your family. Kebabs will be done when they feel spongy.
Middle Eastern Adana Kabob step by step
- put ground lamb in large bowl.
- in food processor…put chopped up red pepper..garlic ..parsley & olive oil & gring into paste & put in bowl with lamb.
- combine all other ingredients in bowl with lamb & mix well & let sit in fridge overnight if possible.
- form into long patties & cook on grill.
- for spread.
- in small bowl combine yogurt ..crushed garlic..lemon juice & salt…& wisk well.
- for sandwich…open pita put lettuce ..tomato..red onion …adana kabob & drizzle with yogurt spread.
- eat & enjoy.
When done place kebab inside of pita. top with yogurt sauce and sliced red onion mixture. This can also be served with a side of Turkish Pilaf. Adana Kabob is a ground lamb kabob mixed with spices and served in a sandwich or as a plate.topped with a yogurt lemon garlic sauce & I served couscous with toasted pine nuts & golden raisins as a side dish.came out perfect &. Middle Eastern Beef Shish Kebabs PhotoCredit: TheSpruceeats Adana Kebab (Ground Lamb) The Adana Kebab receives its name from the city of Adana in Turkey, where it originates. Traditionally it comprises minced lamb on a skewer, kneaded together with onion, garlic, and Turkish spices, then packed by hand around large, flat metal skewers and.