Recipe: Appetizing Dal khichadi
Dal khichadi. Khichdi also known as khichadi or khichuri is a comfort food that's most commonly eaten all over India. Dal Khichdi is a comfort food for many, which tends to remind you of your childhood. This dish is absolutely nutritious and delicious at the same time!
Moong Dal Khichdi is a complete meal in itself. Made with rice and lentils, khichdi is healthy Serve this moong dal khichdi with a dollop of ghee on top and yogurt & pickle on the side! Lentils and rice cooked with turmeric, cumin, chilli & curry leaves. You can cook Dal khichadi using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dal khichadi
- Prepare 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of split green gram.
- You need 1 cup of yellow pigeon peas.
- It’s 1 cup of split and skinless black lentils.
- It’s 1 cup of split cheakpeas lentil.
- It’s 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of medium size chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of medium sized chopped green chili.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin coriander powder.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil and ghee mixed.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
I use toor dal which is my preferred dal variety for Dal khichdi; its easy to digest and also cooks quickly. Khichdi (pronounced [ˈkʰɪtʃɽi]) is a dish in South Asian cuisine made of rice and lentils (dal), but other variations include bajra and mung dal kichri. I am trying and tasting dal khichdi for the first time. When ever someone says I had dal khichdi for lunch, I will be so so very much tempted to taste.
Dal khichadi step by step
- Mix rice and all lentils, wash it 3 for time and add in a cooker with Pinch of salt and enough water for Cook it..
- Mean while in a pan heat a oil add mustard seeds chopped onion, garlic tomato, green chili and cook it then add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder, cumin coriander powder and salt as per your taste, mix it well..
- Add cooked dal rice in a gravy mix it and cook it for 2 minutes..
- Turn off the flame and serve dal Khichadi with Fresh curd or buttermilk, enjoy ❤️.
I wanted to try for long time but I had no idea for the. I have used a mix of tur dal and moong dal to prepare this dal khichdi. Dal Khichdi is an Indian style lentil and rice one-pot dish. Find how to make one-pot Indian khichdi in a Dal Khichdi laced with ghee and served with pickle, sliced onions, and raita is an absolute family. Moong dal khichdi is made from rice, split lentils such as moong dal, turmeric powder, and salt and topped off with a tempering of ghee and cumin seeds.