Recipe: Yummy Rhubarb strawberry custard pie
Rhubarb strawberry custard pie. The beautiful pairing of strawberries and rhubarb, combined with a smooth custard, creates a mouth-watering and irresistible pie. Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how to cook a Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe!
Rhubarb Custard Pie is a decadent dessert perfect for a sweet summer treat. A flaky pie crust is filled with rich custard and tart rhubarb for a classic pie. This Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe is inherited from my beloved Grandma Koch along with the Perfect Pie Crust it is baked in. You can cook Rhubarb strawberry custard pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb strawberry custard pie
- You need 3 cups of rhubarb sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of strawberries sliced.
- It’s 1/4 c of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 c of sugar.
- You need 1/4 t of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten until frothy.
- You need 1/2 t of vanilla.
- It’s of Crust for 2 layer pie:.
- It’s 2 c of flour, 1 t salt, 3/4 c Crisco, 5-8 T cold water.
- It’s of Refrigerate for 1/2 hr. Roll out.
Spring is made for rhubarb pie, and rhubarb pie is made for custard. You won't find any obtuse strawberries here trying to steal the show. I don't even allow a double crust or crumb topping. This is just a simple pie with delightful bits of tart rhubarb enveloped in creamy, orange zest-infused custard.
Rhubarb strawberry custard pie step by step
- In bowl combine sugar, flour & salt. Add rhubarb & strawberries, stir to coat. Spread in tin. Beat eggs & vanilla, pour over filling. Top with pastry.
- Bake at 425° – 15 min, 350° – 30 min until knife is clear 1 in from center..
- Let cool on rack..
This classic rhubarb custard pie is the perfect dessert for a spring or summer cookout or potluck. Use a ready-made pie crust or the homemade pastry. Serve this pie at your next cookout or take it along to a potluck dinner. This is a fantastic way to use fresh rhubarb, and your family and friends will love it. Rhubarb custard pie is a beautiful way to mellow the tartness of rhubarb in a smooth, creamy filling.