Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Simple Velouté Sauce
Simple Velouté Sauce. Veloute Sauce is one of the five leading sauces in French Cuisine. Extremely versatile and surprisingly simple to make, learn how you can make restaurant quality veloute sauce in only three steps! One easy swap makes this simple chicken veloute sauce (also known as velouté sauce) a dairy free version of the classic French sauce.
Allemande sauce: veal with a touch of lemon juice and egg yolk and cream liaison. A velouté sauce (French pronunciation: [vəluˈte]) is a savory sauce, made from a roux and a light stock. Sauce Veloute is a very simple member of the Five French Mother Sauces that is used for a base to Veloute is always used as a foundation for other secondary sauces and small sauces, at which. You can have Simple Velouté Sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Velouté Sauce
- It’s 50 g of butter.
- You need 50 g of plain flour.
- It’s 1 L of good quality stock.
Veloute sauce is very versatile and picks up flavors extraordinarily well. A veloute is very simply a thickened white stock. This classic veloute sauce recipe is basically chicken stock thickened with flour and butter and If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place–easy. Learn how to make veloute, one of the five French mother sauces.
Simple Velouté Sauce step by step
- Put your stock in a saucepan and gently warm it up, while this is warming, start your roux..
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add your flour and stir it in to form a roux (a roux is a paste made from butter and flour)..
- Start adding your warmed stock to the roux and stir continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Use a balloon whisk if you have one, or a wooden spatula if not. Keep adding all of your stock until you have a thin, smooth sauce. Now simmer the sauce gently (hot enough for small bubbles to come to the surface of the sauce, but not hot enough to boil it), for 30 minutes..
- Now season to taste with salt and white pepper. If the sauce seems lumpy you can sieve or strain it to make it smoother. The velouté is now ready to use either as it is, or you could add, for example, mushrooms and serve it with roasted meats..
It's a simple three-ingredient base sauce you can use to make all kinds of different dishes. It's rich and velvety and very easy to make. The Veloute sauce will be flavored into a Tomato Veloute sauce. A stunning sauce nicely paired with seafood among many other options. Next – Not traditional in making a simple Veloute.