Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Leek velouté soup
Leek velouté soup. An ultra comforting and creamy winter soup from Arianna Frea. Learn to make all vegetable cream soups. Leek soup (Welsh: cawl cennin) is a soup based on potatoes, leeks, broth (usually chicken), and heavy cream.
Transfer the blended soup to a clean pan. Reheat the soup if necessary, taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with chopped chives. You can have Leek velouté soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek velouté soup
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of dry onion finely chopped or 2 spring onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large leeks finely chopped.
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- You need 150 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Reviews for: Photos of Potato Leek Soup (Vichyssoise). Potato leek soup is spring's answer to winter's potato soup. There's no room for grittiness when it comes to potato leek soup, so the eight-hour cooking time guarantees the potatoes are tender. See more ideas about Leek soup, Leeks, Soup recipes.
Leek velouté soup instructions
- Sauté the onion and the leek in the margarine..
- Add the water and the potato cubes..
- Season with salt and boil for 15'-20'..
- Place the mixture in the blender..
- Place it back over heat adding the cream, the flour dissolved in the milk and the pepper..
A simple healthier Scottish leek and potato soup. Still as deliciously creamy and smooth tasting but now NOT swimming in butter or cream. Try this leek soup recipe that can keep you on your diet from the Old Farmer's Almanac. Soup can be an excellent food for dieters, as eating a soup course like leek soup before your evening meal can. This Healthy Potato Leek Soup uses fat-free Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream and doesn't skimp on the flavor!