How to Cook Perfect Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup
Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup. It's also one of the easiest soups I know. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Egg Drop Soup. Restaurant Style Egg Drop Soup, made at home!
It's made with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. I know it from my Chinese grandmother, who made this quick and easy soup even though she was also known for her other long-simmered broths and soups. You can have Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup
- You need of Egg Drop Soup.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs [lightly beaten].
- Prepare 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [with sodium].
- You need 1 tbsp of Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger Or 1/2 tsp Minced Ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fine Chopped Chives.
- It’s 1 of Handfull Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare of Sides.
- It’s 1 of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Options.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cornstarch + 2 tbsp Water [option – to thicken].
- You need 1 of Handfull Fresh Spinach.
- It’s 1 of Handfull Kelp.
Egg drop soup is a really simple boiled chicken broth soup and is considered a Chinese comfort food. If you are preparing this easy egg drop soup recipe for someone who is ill, try adding some fresh ginger. Among its many benefits, ginger is believed to be a remedy for treating colds and flu. Egg drop soup is perfect as an appetizer or as a light meal.
Mike's Easy Egg Drop Soup instructions
- Place everything in a small pot except for eggs and cilantro. Bring to a boil..
- At boil, add lightly beaten eggs slowly. Drop by drop and make strands with them. Boil until cooked. About 1 minute at a high boil. Try adding fresh spinach and/or kelp at this point if you can get away with it. I couldn't..
- Slowly add cornstarch at this point if you want to thicken your soup. Your soup will thicken as it boils..
- Add fresh cilantro and serve hot with Soy Sauce..
Whenever I cook this, I'll check what's available in my fridge to add to the soup. While it may seem daunting, egg drop soup is actually quite easy to prepare. With plenty of options for additions and substitutions, you can customize this recipe to your liking. For a heartier meal, add chopped chicken, ham, shrimp, or thinly sliced beef for an animal protein infusion. This fast and easy homemade egg drop soup is warm and soothing on cold days or when you're feeling under the weather.