Recipe: Appetizing Egg Rolls à la Leftovers
Egg Rolls à la Leftovers. Egg Rolls à la Leftovers I had a lot of leftovers in my fridge, so I decided to be a little creative! Alright, so you made sandwiches, turkey spaghetti, some kind of casserole, and you've got just enough leftovers for a couple of servings, but that's too much to throw away without feeling wasteful. I filled my rolls with whipped sweet potatoes, stuffing, turkey, cranberry, parsley and sage, but feel free to use this recipe as a gentle guide for creating an array of personalized rolls.
Then reheat before serving with egg rolls. To prep these Leftover Thanksgiving Egg Rolls in advance, roll up the egg rolls as directed and store in fridge. Prior to baking, brush with egg wash and bake as directed. You can have Egg Rolls à la Leftovers using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Rolls à la Leftovers
- Prepare 1 package of egg roll wraps.
- You need of Any and all leftovers! I had a variety of leftovers, so I made 4 different egg roll flavors; spinach ravioli, barbecue chicken, sausage and peppers, creamed spinach and rice.
- Prepare 1 of little water for sealing egg roll ends.
- It’s 1 TBS. of Olive oil to brush on the egg rolls before baking.
Of all the things I cook, Thanksgiving egg rolls is probably the recipe I get asked about the most. About seven years ago, I started taking the highlights from our Thanksgiving meal and stuffing them into an egg roll wrapper. It was game changing, and Thanksgiving leftover egg rolls have now become a family tradition. There was always an abundance of Thanksgiving leftovers, but there's only so long you can make turkey sandwiches before it gets boring.
Egg Rolls à la Leftovers instructions
- Chop leftovers into small pieces and place on the egg roll wrap on an angle. Fold in the sides and roll it up, sealing the ends with a little water, using your fingers..
- Place egg rolls on a nonstick baking sheet or spray with cooking spray..
- Brush each egg roll with olive oil..
- Bake in a 400F degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until egg rolls turn golden brown..
- You could also fry the egg rolls if you’re so inclined, but I was trying to keep them healthy..
- Enjoy with a garden salad!.
Because of that fact, I have spent years finding ways to spruce up said holidayleftovers. This Thanksgiving leftover egg roll recipe is one of my all time favorites. Place on paper towels to drain and cool. They're served with a sweet and sour. Pulled pork egg rolls originated from a Chinese food kick that I have been in lately.