How to Make Yummy Amazing Sugar Cream Pie
Amazing Sugar Cream Pie. A few years ago I made Crack Pie. I didn't name it, it's the famous Momofuku Milkbar pie recipe and it's one of the most popular recipes on my site. It's an absolutely amazing pie but it's very cumbersome and time-consuming to make, and it's not my style to spend forever and a day on one dessert.
The sugar cream pie they are used to is more custardy. Sugar Cream Pie is also known as Hoosier Pie or Indiana Sugar Cream Pie is a Holiday staple, its like crème brûlée in pie form! It has a buttery crust with a rich vanilla custard filling and covered with a cinnamon sugar topping!. You can have Amazing Sugar Cream Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amazing Sugar Cream Pie
- You need 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 2 cup of half-and-half cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
If this amazing pie isnt on your to bake list this season, it needs to be! I have never had sugar cream pie but I have relatives from Marion Oh that speak of it often. I decided to try this recipe and while I have no idea if this is how sugar cream pie is supposed to look and taste I do know that it was delicious. Light creamy and custard like it has a wonderfully comfort flavor to it.
Amazing Sugar Cream Pie step by step
- In sauce pan combine first 4 ingredients. Bring to boil..
- In another sauce pan combine brown sugar and cornstarch..
- Gradually whisk in hot mixture into brown sugar mixture..
- Add butter..
- Cook over medium heat, whisk constantly, 5-10 minutes or until thick..
- Simmer 1 minute and stir in vanilla..
- Pour into par baked pie shell and sprinkle with cinnamon..
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes..
Sugar Cream Pie is filled with a gloriously thick, creamy, vanilla custard, sprinkled with a dusting of cinnamon, and made with a handful of simple ingredients and easy steps. There are many ways to make an old fashioned Sugar Cream Pie recipe, but this is the absolute best, no-fail version!. Just ponder the name of this pie recipe. Talk about a delicious, SUGAR cream pie recipe. It's like a sweet custard pie.