Easiest Way to Make Tasty Cream cheese crust apple pie
Cream cheese crust apple pie. This crust had great texture but I had to add some ice water to make it form a nice ball. It rolled out great and it made a beautiful apple pie however it had no flavor. For the flaky cream cheese pie crust.
The pastry is easy to mix and roll, and is a nice change from a standard pie crust. Many of you know, pie dough is my one nemesis in the recipe box! I saw this version that uses butter, cream cheese flour and sugar and thought I would give. You can cook Cream cheese crust apple pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream cheese crust apple pie
- It’s of pie filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 6 cup of thinly sliced and peeled tart apples.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s of pie crust.
- It’s 1 of pie crust.
- It’s 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 packages of warm cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
For the crust, I used a refrigerate pie crust – nice and easy. The first layer to add is the cheesecake layer. Next up is the already made apple pie filling. Add the sugar and beat the mixture until.
Cream cheese crust apple pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pie filling: In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and apple juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat..
- Topping: combine the dry ingredients. Then add the butter, use your hands to mix it until it resembles a sand-like texture..
- Crust: mix the cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon until creamy. Then use a spatula to spread it onto your pie crust. Cover the entire pie, even the walls..
- Fill the pie crust with the apples..
- Cover the pie with the topping until no apple pieces show..
- Baked covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly..
Make Walnut-Cream Cheese Crust: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse walnuts with flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream cheese is our secret weapon. It helps make a crust that holds together and stays tender no matter the amount of manhandling we put it through. Roll Out the Pie Crust – Tear off two large pieces of wax paper. Transfer the apple filling to the pie shell and scatter the butter pieces on top.