How to Cook Yummy Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie. A magnificent Chocolate Cream Pie with a classic Oreo cookie base, a soft and creamy custard-like filling and Chocolate Cream Pie. I have serious self control issues around homemade baked goods. This chocolate cream pie comes together quickly.
It 's poured into a pre-baked pastry shell and chilled before serving. This amazing Chocolate Cream Pie has an easy homemade chocolate pudding layered inside an Oreo pie crust and topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate curls. Chocolate Cream Pie is on the menu in Chef Anna Olson's amazing kitchen, and she is going to teach you how to make this delicious recipe from scratch! You can have Chocolate Cream Pie using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cream Pie
- It’s of Crust:.
- It’s 16 oz of unsalted butter chilled 1/2 in cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of crushed chocolate wafers or choc. teddy grahams..
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 9 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 cup of semisweet choc. finely xhoppwd.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened choc. finely chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Whipped topping:.
- Prepare 2 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of confectionera sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
A true diner classic, Chocolate Cream Pie is a head-turning treat, and just the thing for lovers of both chocolate and pie. The crust is blind-baked, then filled with a cooked, cooled chocolate filling. Chocolate Cream Pie made with decadent semi-sweet chocolate custard and topped with homemade whipped cream and shaved chocolate. A chocolate cream pie, however, is both quick and easy to make.
Chocolate Cream Pie step by step
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9" glass pie plate with butter; set aside. Heat 8 tbsp. butter and brown sugar in a 1-qt. saucepan until sugar dissolves. Transfer butter mixture to a medium bowl; stir in ground wafers. Transfer mixture to pie plate; press into bottom and sides, using the bottom of a measuring cup to compress crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 or 12 min until set; let cool..
- Heat half-and-half in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat until it just begins to simmer; remove pan from heat..
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2?3 cup sugar and cornstarch; add egg yolks and whisk until smooth..
- Drizzle half-and-half into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until smooth..
- Return mixture to saucepan; heat over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until bubbles rise to the surface and mixture is very thick, 3?4 minutes..
- Remove pan from heat and add remaining butter and chocolates in small batches, whisking until smooth; stir in 1 1?2 tsp. vanilla..
- Set a sieve over a medium bowl and strain chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic onto surface; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours..
- Remove plastic wrap from chocolate filling and, using a rubber spatula, stir mixture until smooth. Spoon mixture into reserved crust, forming a dome, and smooth surface with the spatula..
- Whipped Topping: In a large bowl, whisk confectioners sugar, vanilla, and whipping cream until stiff peaks form; spread on top of filling, forming a dome. Add chocolate sprinkles to top. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve..
It's also very delicious and perfect for a hot, summer day. This classic (homemade!) chocolate cream pie recipe features an Oreo cookie crust, a rich chocolate pastry cream filling, and is topped with fresh whipped cream. This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You are going to love me….this Chocolate Cream Pie is so good!