Recipe: Tasty Sambhar
Sambhar. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. A slightly thin sambhar is served with idli, dosa and medu vada. Medium to thick consistency sambar is served with steamed rice.
Prepare the tempering by heating the oil in a non-stick pan and frying the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida until the mustard seeds crackle. I make this Sambhar with Toor dahl, and eat it with rice for the main meal of the day. Yummy South Indian lentils and vegetables, a favourite Indian breakfast dish with idli (rice dumplings) or dosai (Indian pancakes). You can have Sambhar using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambhar
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pigeon peas split.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1 cup of You maymix vegetables of your choice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tamarind juice.
- It’s of for tadka.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 6-7 of Curry leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of Dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Hing/asafoetida.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Sambhar masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
Sambar recipe with step by step photos – Sambar is a South Indian lentil & mix vegetable stew that is eaten along with breakfast or meal as a side dish. Most people enjoy this with some hot Soft idli, dosa, Vada or with plain rice. Sambar is an everyday dish that is made in most south Indian homes. Sambar powder: the taste of the sambar depends heavily on the sambar powder which is a spice mix made by grinding several spices.
Sambhar step by step
- Take a cooker, add dal and vegetables of your choice..
- Add 2 cup approx water, haldi powder, salt and stir it..
- Close the lid and put it on gas stove..
- Boil it for 7 to 8 mnts on medium flame..
- After 8 whistle, turn of the flame. Open it carefully..
- Mix it well..
- Add 1/2 cup water. And hand blender to make the sambhar smooth..
- For tadka, heat the pan, add oil, cumin seed, mustard seed, curry leaves and dry red chilli and hing..
- Add red chilli powder, sambhar masala mix it well..
- Put the tadka in dal..
- Mix it well, then add tamarind pulp. Add 1 cup water. Stir it well. Cover it for 10 mints..
- Sambhar is ready..
Use your favorite brand of sambar powder or make one at home (see recipe below). Tamarind & Jaggery: these ingredients add the little tartness & sweetness to the sambar respectively. Final Tadka: and a good tadka (tempering) at the end with mustard seeds, curry. sambar recipe Sambar is a definite part of South Indian meals. Sometimes, they make Sambar even more than once a day – for breakfast and later for lunch or dinner.