How to Make Yummy Sunshine's Homemade Coconut Cream Pie
Sunshine's Homemade Coconut Cream Pie. This coconut cream pie recipe features a creamy coconut filling, crispy homemade pie crust, mounds of sweet whipped cream, and toasted Let's watch how to make coconut cream pie in a quick video tutorial. I walk you through each part of the recipe, including blind baking the pie crust. Sweetened toasted coconut is stirred into a homemade custard filling and poured into a pie shell.
Today we are making an simple and easy coconut cream pie. This Coconut Cream Pie recipe is made with a gorgeous meringue and perfectly creamy coconut custard filling. This homemade banana cream pie recipe is my mom's specialty, and this dreamy dessert has a wonderful banana flavor. You can have Sunshine's Homemade Coconut Cream Pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunshine's Homemade Coconut Cream Pie
- It’s of basic pie crust.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Crisco shortening.
- You need 3 of to 4 tablespoon cold water.
- It’s of coconut cream.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3 large of eggs yolks.
- You need 1 cup of coconut flakes divided.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of plus 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- You need of meringue.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites room temp,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1/4 cup of plus 1 tablespoon sugar.
It looks so pretty, and it cuts easily, too. A homemade pie crust filled with a creamy coconut filling topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut. This is the BEST Coconut Cream Pie The first step to making a homemade coconut cream pie is to fully bake your pie crust. Since the filling is made on the stove top, you won't be.
Sunshine's Homemade Coconut Cream Pie step by step
- preheat oven to 425°F,useing a 9" pie dish..
- combine flour and salt cut in shortening with the pastry blade or your fingers till coarse meal. with a fork stir in enough cold water 1 tablespoon at a time, to moisten dry ingredients, shape into a ball..
- roll out dough into 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, place in pie plate, fold edges under and flute, with a fork, poke holes on bottom and sides of shell,now bake the shell for 12 to 15 minutes…..when shell is done take out of oven set to side, make coconut cream now..
- CREAM COCONUT in a heavy saucepan, combine sugar,cornstarch, and salt. and mix the milk and egg yolks together in a small bowl, pour milk mixture into dry ingredients, stir till smooth ,cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils,cook another 30 seconds, stirring rapidly. take off heat, add the butter, coconut flakes and vanilla extract all at once. stir in good,pour in ready pie shell.
- cover filling with plastic wrap or wax paper, this prevents a film growing on top of custard,set pie a side..
- (Making The Meringue) beat room temp, egg whites and cream tartar, on hight speed useing electric mixer or standing mixer, for 1 minute, gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, beat 3 to 4 minutes with electric mixer, for standmixer 2 minutes.till stiff peak. spoon out meringue placing on custard filling to the edge of shell to seal, (don't forget to remove the plastic from custard.lol), now after u got all your meringue in place. sprinkle the rest of your coconut on top, placing pie back in oven, should be on 350°F, this is to golden brown the top for 10 minutes, (never use broiler to brown ur coconuts ) when 10 minutes is up ,take out of oven ,let completely cool, about 4 hours or more, then cut and serve …..enjoy this pie!!!!!!!!!!.
This Homemade Coconut Cream Pie is the best I've tried and I consider myself a pie connoisseur. Rich, velvety coconut custard in a deep dish flaky pie The custard is like heaven on Earth: creamy, decadent, silky smooth and flavorful with vanilla, butter and coconut. It imparts so much of that rich. When it comes to pie recipes, this classic coconut pie recipe takes the blue ribbon. The use of a refrigerated pie crust makes it easy and the whipped cream makes it stunning.