Recipe: Delicious Ragi mudde
Ragi mudde. Ragi mudde – A staple food in some parts of Karnataka and Andhra pradesh. Ragi is finger millet To make ragi mudde, the whole grain finger millet is milled to flour and then cooked to a moist ball. Ragi mudde is a traditional healthy breakfast recipe from Karnataka.
Ragi Mudde Recipe is an authentic dish of Karnataka. I like to use a wide pan for making Ragi mudde as I have seen that the mudde cooks very evenly. Ragi mudde recipe explained with step by step pictures and a quick video. You can have Ragi mudde using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragi mudde
- You need 1 of big bowl of ragi flour.
- Prepare As needed of Lookwarm water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s To taste of Carrom seeds (optional).
- It’s To taste of Coariander.
- It’s of Dal preparation_small bowl pigeon pea dal.
- Prepare To taste of Fenugreek fresh.
- You need To taste of Green chillies.
- It’s 10 / 12 of Garlic cloves.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Oil.
Ragi or raagi mudde is a very popular food in some part of Karnataka. Ragi mudde or raagi ball is a soft ball prepared using. Ragi Mudde, Ragi Sangati or kali and colloquially simply referred to as either 'Mudde' (which means Ragi Mudde – Nati Koli saaru (country chicken chowder) is the traditional South Karnataka meal. Wondering what Ragi mudde is ?
Ragi mudde step by step
- Take ragi flour in mixing bowl,add salt carrom seeds make dough of it. It should not be hard or too soft.wait for 15 minutes.
- In pressure cooker add dal with chillies and Fenugreek some salt and oil 1 tspoon.give three whistles..
- Now take a dough and make some roundles and press like cutlets.
- Prepare steamer and steam mudde for 15mins..
- Give tadka to dal give one boil.and serve mudde with this yummy dal.in tadka garlic is main ingredient..you can add dollop of butter..
They are basically soft balls made from Fingermillet. In the earlier times , ragi mudde was widely consumed by farmers and workers as it makes you strong and keeps. Ragi or finger millet is one of the most nutritious and healthy cereals. However, some ragi varieties have shown double that level. More importantly, this protein content is quite unique.