Recipe: Appetizing Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet—this will make it easier to move and will catch any spills. BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE, also known as a DERBY PIE. This popular pie was created at The Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky as a.
Kentucky bourbon gives a kick to this Southern classic. This pecan pie is overwhelmed by the bourbon and chocolate and has more of a custard consistency. Give pecan pie a serious upgrade with our Kentucky Bourbon Pie. You can have Kentucky bourbon pecan pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kentucky bourbon pecan pie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of dark Karo corn syrup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole sweet cream unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Kentucky bourbon.
- You need 1 tsp of real vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of real almond extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 cup of pecans (mix of halves and pieces is good).
Fashioned after George Kern's Derby Pie recipe, the recipe's combination of chocolate, bourbon, and pecans has earned it a spot as one of the South's most beloved desserts. It's stacked with unexpected layers of flavor and texture. Filled with crunchy pecans, bittersweet chocolate, and sweet Kentucky bourbon, this pie makes for the perfect weekend treat. Tuck edges under, and crimp as desired.
Kentucky bourbon pecan pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a 9 inch pie plate press out your pie dough and flute the edges (crimp).
- Place brown surger and corn syrup in a medium size bowl. Melt butter in a microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds on high and then add it to the brown sugar and corn syrup while still hot. Mix very well (it will take a minute or two of mixing)..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, bourbon, vanilla, almond and salt. Whisk until the eggs are beaten well and everything is mixed well..
- Whisking continuously, mix the sugar mix into the egg mix..
- Gently fold in the pecans.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 1 hour (depending on your oven it might longer or less – start checking 55 minutes and then bake until pie is jiggly in the center).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack or folded towel until completely cooled and gelled. Place in refrigerator until time to eat.
Top with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of. This recipe for Kentucky Bourbon Pie is straight out of the deep south and mixes pecans, Bourbon (Whiskey) and whipped cream. The sweet kick of Bourbon with a buttery smooth pecan filling. This classic pecan pie recipe gets a boozy boost thanks to a splash of Kentucky bourbon. Make it to impress friends and family with a truly adult dessert.