Recipe: Tasty Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie IX. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made.
To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts (2.5 lbs).
- It’s 2 Cups of sliced/diced carrots.
- It’s 1 Cup of sliced/diced celery.
- It’s 1 Cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1.5 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- You need 3/4 Cup of flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 2 of Tblsp. Minced Parsley.
- It’s of Enough Pie Dough for 2 bottom crusts and 2 top crusts.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°. I make sure all ingredients are cut up and measured ahead of time..
- Add butter to large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter, then add chicken pieces, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir often and cook until chicken is done..
- Add flour to chicken and vegetables and stir until all flour is moistened. Slowly stir in the cream and then chicken broth. Cook until mixture is bubbling hot and thickens. Stir often..
- Remove pie mixture from heat and stir in frozen peas and parsley. Let mixture cool for about 30 minutes before filling the pie crusts..
- Place bottom pie crusts in both deep dish 9" pie dishes or pans. Spoon cooled pie filling evenly between two pies. Top each pie with a 2nd crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crusts together on each pie. Cut 3-4 slits in top of pie crusts to allow steam to escape during the bake time..
- Apply an egg wash to the top of each pie. (1 large egg, 1 tablespoon water OR milk. I use milk.) Apply with a pastry brush. See how golden brown and shiny crust is? Its the egg wash!.
- Place each pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. Crust will be golden brown and filling will bubble when pie is done..
- Cool pies for 15 – 30 minutes before cutting and serving. I get six pieces per pie..
- Link to my PIE CRUST RECIPE: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345384-southern-pie-crust?invite_token=UY35ewXpWDvLCEexbW5huhRF&shared_at=1604953988.
Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Pie for dinner just sounds like us. Replacing one amazing carb with another. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo.