Recipe: Yummy Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie IX. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made.
To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 400 g of chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Pie crust dough (see above).
- You need as needed of Shredded cheese.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Fry chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Let cool and chop into small pieces..
- Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir in broth, cream, and milk. Let boil, stirring, for one minute. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens..
- Heat oven to 225°C (450°F). Roll pie crust dough into a muffin pan or mini cast iron pots. Sprinkle shredded cheese at the bottom and fill with chicken mixture. Cover with pie crust and prick with a fork to let out steam..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Pie for dinner just sounds like us. Replacing one amazing carb with another. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo.