How to Prepare Appetizing (no key) lime pie
(no key) lime pie. How to Make No Bake Key Lime Pie. CRUST: Though you can substitute store-bought crust, this homemade crust is extremely easy to make (and kids love helping). Crush graham crackers in a zip top bag with a rolling pin or a food processor.
It's low in fat, sugar and fuss. It truly is the best Key lime pie recipe ever! —Frances VanFossan, Warren, Michigan Dessert doesn't get easier, or more delicious, than a no-bake key lime pie. Requiring just a handful of ingredients, this easy pie is a great recipe for less experienced bakers—especially considering what a crowd-pleaser it is. You can cook (no key) lime pie using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (no key) lime pie
- It’s of Sable.
- Prepare 180 g of unsalted butter, cut in small cubed.
- Prepare 360 g of plain flour.
- It’s 140 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of hazelnut flour (could substitute almonds).
- It’s 75 g of whole eggs.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 400 g of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 4 of limes+1 for decoration.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks (L).
- You need of Either whipping cream or meringue for decorating.
Perfect for the hot summer months when you'd rather reduce your oven use, the luscious key lime filling sets up to creamy perfection with the help of Cool Whip. Key limes are the preferred option when making Key lime pie, but if they are not available you can use regular limes. Either type of limes works perfectly in this recipe. This easy, no-bake key lime pie is all of these things and more.
(no key) lime pie instructions
- Sable: 1in a bowl mix flours, sugar, salt and butter untill it resembles bread crumbs (you can rub it between your hands or use a mixer with paddle attachment) 2 add eggs and bring mixture together untill it starts to form a ball 3 roll out thinly between parchment paper/plastic foil and refrigerate minimum 1 hour 4 butter a pie mold and cut doug to fit. Pierce Bottom with fork (preferably rest dough in freezer) preheat oven to 160°C/320°F and bake for about 15 min.
- Filling: Zest 2/3 limes (preferably in long strands) And juice 4 of the limes Whisk the 4 egg yolks untill light and creamy Add the condensed milk while whisking Add the lime juice little by little Pour the filling in pre baked Shell and bake for about 15 minutes Add the zest, whipped cream and thinly sliced limes on top (You could also candy some zest it Will give a nice crunchy).
It's made with only four ingredients: egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and a premade graham cracker crust. How can a pie with eggs be no-bake, you ask? As the pie chills in the refrigerator, the acid in the lime juice coagulates the egg proteins, "cooking" them and. This eggless key lime pie is so easy to make you don't even need an electric mixer. Don't let the simplicity of it fool you though – the end product might just be the best key lime pie you'll ever taste.