Recipe: Appetizing Panchratna dhokla
Makki ka dhokla or corn meal dhokla is one of the most loved delicacy of Rajasthan. I have shaped these dhoklas like South Indian Vadas to add an oomph. You can shape them in traditional rectangular form as well. You can cook Panchratna dhokla using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Panchratna dhokla
- Prepare 1 cup of split mung dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of split gram dal.
- It’s 1 cup of split black lentil dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pigeon pea dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour yoghurt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of gram dal.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of whole coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 sachet of eno.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Warm water.
plain choco bar, crunchy choco bar & nutty choco bar Rajasthani Makki Ka Chatpata Dhokla are very popular made in Rajasthani households specially during winters. They are made both In Marwar and Mewar, but are served with different dals and Kadhis specific to regions. In Mewar, it is served with Dal, while in Marwar Rajasthani Makki Ka Chatpata Dhokla Recipe is served with Kadhi. As they are steamed, it is also good for health.
Panchratna dhokla step by step
- In a bowl soak 1 teaspoon gram daal. Mix all the daals and wash thoroughly until the water is clear. Soak it overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- In a food processor add remove water and add the daals, yoghurt, garlic, ginger and green chillies. Ensuring the batter is a little bit coarse. Remove in a bowl and add salt to taste, whole coriander seeds and wash the 1 tablespoon gram daal and add to the batter..
- While whisking in one direction add 1/4 cup of warm water. Repeat until the right consistency is achieved. The batter should not be thick neither thin. I added about 1 1/2 cups of water. In a steamer boil 2 cups of water. Grease a tray with oil to steam dhokla..
- Divide the batter in 2 parts. In one part add 1 teaspoon of eno and 1 teaspoon water and mix it well for a minute or so. Transfer the batter in the tray and steam for about 20 minutes. Remove from steam and let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut to desired shapes..
- On medium heat add oil, green chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves in a pan. Once it starts fluttering pour over on top of dhoklas and serve hot with chutney. You can eat without tempering with achar masala and oil of your choice..
Panchratna Dal Recipe, Learn how to make Panchratna Dal (absolutely delicious recipe of Panchratna Dal ingredients and cooking method) About Panchratna Dal Recipe: A tasty and healthy Rajasthani dal preparation with five lentils: Moong, channa, masoor, urad and tuar or arhar cooked with masalas to make a creamy dish. Healthy and delicious Steamed Dhokla is made using different lentils. The secret behind this full-proof recipe is preparing a perfectly fermented batter which makes very fluffy and mouth-watering steamed dhokla at home. Panchmel dal as the name says is the combination of five dals and belongs to Rajasthani cuisine. This dal is protein packed with the goodness of five dals together..