Recipe: Delicious Dal Fry
Dal Fry. Dal fry is usually prepared with arhar dal also known as tur, toovar or yellow lentils or pigeon pea Both dal fry and Dal tadka are two popular dal dishes served in Indian restaurants. Dal fry is one of the most basic & simple dal recipe from Indian cuisine. Dal fry recipe with stovetop & Instant pot options.
I use a mix of toor (pigeon pea lentil) and masoor dal (red lentil) for the dal which is then tempered with onion, tomatoes and lot of ginger. Dal Fry is a popular Indian lentil recipe. This recipe uses Toor dal, which is also known as Arhar or Toovar dal. You can have Dal Fry using 20 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dal Fry
- You need 3/4 cup of tur(arhar) dal or pigeon peas.
- You need 2 of onions chopped finely.
- Prepare 7-8 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 7-8 of curry leaves fried.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds/ jeera.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasoori methi.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
The dal is seasoned with variety of spices and it tastes delicious. the recipe for toor dal fry or arhar dal fry is very easy to prepare with no complicated steps. yet jeera rice. secondly, the dal fry is generally prepared only with toor dal or pigeon pea lentil. however, you. This homemade restaurant style dal fry is one of my most frequently made recipes! Dal fry and dal tadka are the two popular dal dishes that served in Punjabi restaurants. Dal fry is made with toor dal mostly (split pigeon peas), an easy to cook, comfort food that goes well with steamed rice and some have it with roti/ phulkas too.
Dal Fry instructions
- Soak dal for 10 minutes and pressure cook dal with little salt and turmeric and 2 cups water upto 3 whistles.Release pressure after 2 minutes.Fry few curry leaves and set aside.Heat ghee and sprinkle asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds.When they crackle,fry 2 dry red chillies and set aside.Fry minced ginger and garlic till light brown.Then add chopped onion and fry till transparent..
- Add chopped tomato and sprinkle little salt.Fry till tomato is mushy.Add ginger garlic paste,turmeric,red chili powder and coriander powder.Fry and add lightly mashed cooked dal.Adjust water according to need.The consistency of dal should be medium to thick.Sprinkle garam masala, crushed kasoori methi and fried curry leaves and dry red chillies.Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with jeera rice or any Indian flat bread..
This Dhaba Style Dal Fry is an authentic Indian recipe! It's not a regular dal and has some really bold flavors from tempering that complement its thick consistency. It's really easy to make and can be put. Dal fry is made by adding boiled and softened lentils (dal) to a seasoning of onion, tomato and spices which have been fried in ghee or Dal fry is a warm and filling dish full of proteins, nutrients and fibre. Dal fry recipe is an Indian dish prepared using cooked lentils which is then fried with onions and tomatoes.