Recipe: Delicious Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pie. Peanut butter refrigerator pie, very easy to make. The idea of a peanut butter pie first entered my psyche when I watched The Joy Luck Club. Despite my obsession with peanut butter pie, I didn't actually try it until years later.
A huge shout out to the AppleTeam for getting me up and running again!! Pour the melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. We loved the results, and since it makes two peanut butter pies, you can share one with a friend and keep the other for yourself. You can have Peanut Butter Pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Pie
- You need 9 inch of baked pie shell.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of + 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 3 of egg yolks slightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s of Topping ingredients.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
This homemade Peanut Butter Pie is made from scratch with just a few ingredients and will have everyone coming back for seconds! Like, cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and Cool Whip kind of easy. If this combination makes you raise your eyebrows, you're not wrong. Things are hard, but unfancy peanut butter pie is not.
Peanut Butter Pie instructions
- In small bowl combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. It will be clumpy. Put 2/3 of the mixture in bottom of cooked pie shell..
- In top of double boiler, add 1/2 cup sugar,1/8 teaspoon salt, 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 1/2 cups milk and the 3 egg yolks. Cook over boiling water until thick. Remove from heat,add 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir..
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Beat until stiff the 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar. Continue beating while slowly adding the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Spread on top of filling..
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter and powdered sugar mixture on top. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees..
- Chill and serve. Keep refrigerated..
Best of all, they're quite easy to make compared to most other. This is a classic Potluck Chocolate-Peanut Butter pie. If you don't like peanut butter, step away from this recipe. You're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Furtherore, this easy peanut butter pie tastes just rich and creamy as those fancy slices of peanut butter pie that you pay five dollars a piece for at your favorite restaurant!