Recipe: Perfect Puran poli
Puran poli. Puran Poli is a flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil stuffing. This puran poli recipe has spices like ground cardamom, ground fennel seeds, ground nutmeg and ground dry ginger added to the stuffing. puran poli recipe hails from the marathi cuisine and is typically made for holi & diwali. filling puran in poli to form puran poli roll in one direction making sure the puran poli is thin. now put the rolled puran poli over hot tawa. Puran Poli – An Indian delicacy made by stuffing soft whole wheat dough with soft cooked yellow When torn apart it has a ooey-gooey perfection.
Puran poli is a popular Maharashtrian sweet flatbread made with flour, lentils, jaggery and cardamoms. Best Puran Poli Recipe: Easy and quick way to make step by step puran poli recipe on Times Food. Ingrediants required for cooking chana dal,jaggery,ghee,nutmeg powder,turmeric. You can have Puran poli using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puran poli
- You need 250 grms of All-purpose flour(maida).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 100 ml of water.
- It’s 400 grams of split pigeon peas(toor dal).
- It’s 500 grams of Jaggery powdered.
- It’s 100 grams of fresh coconut grated.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of as required water to cook pigeon peas approx 900 ml(4 cups).
Puran poli is a classical Marathi dish, which is a dessert served during auspicious occasions and The stuffing is known as puran and the outer cover is known as poli. The puran is made by boiling. Puran poli is made from chana dal or split yellow gram, plain flour, jaggery or sugar, cardamom powder and/or nutmeg powder, ghee and water. About Puran Poli Recipe: Food is the ultimate spirit of any festive occasion and the popular Maharashtrian dish puran poli defines the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and other festive occasions.
Puran poli step by step
- To prepare outer cover take all-purpose flour, salt, turmeric, oil in a bowl.
- Give it a good mix now add little by little water prepare bit soft dough,.
- Properly knead the dough for about 10 minutes sprinkle little oil on top cover the lid keep aside for resting at least for 20 minutes..
- In a big vessel add water bring it to boil add split pigeon peas(toor dal) cook untill perfectly done, do not over cook.
- Strain the water keep aside, now add jagerry to a pan add just little water boil it and strain it to remove the impurities..
- Add this to cooked peas, on medium flame cook it untill water a evoparates, add fresh coconut, cardamom powder to it, let it cool for a while.
- Make this mixture in to paste running in the mixer grinder..make small round balls keep ready,this is inside stuffing.which is called puran,.
- Now knead the outer cover dough adding 1tbsp oil properly, take little ball flatten it fill in the inside stuffing peas(toor dal paste ball)ball..
- Roll out softly on greased polythene sheet, fry them both sides on medium flame on frying pan…
- Your delicious puran poli is ready to serve with a dash of ghee..or milk..Enjoy..
The puran ball and atta ball both should be the same size. So every puran poli will have the right amount of stuffing vs outer layer. There is the Gujarati puran poli and Maharashtrian puran poli ways of making it. The perfect preparation of Gujarati puran poli is considered a highly-skilled task… an art actually! Sweet poli/boli also known as Puran Poli is a very popular traditional sweet flat bread with sweet lentil and coconut filling.