How to Cook Tasty Pork Mince and Pasta Bake
Pork Mince and Pasta Bake.
You can cook Pork Mince and Pasta Bake using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Mince and Pasta Bake
- It’s 450 gm of minced pork.
- You need 800 gm of chopped tomatoes (2x tins).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar (optional).
- It’s 1/2 of courgette (skin on), chopped.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions (medium), chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic chopped.
- You need of pepper (to taste).
- It’s 250 gm of penne (or other pasta shapes).
- You need of For the cheese sauce.
- You need 40 gm of flour.
- Prepare 40 gm of butter (or margarine).
- Prepare 400 ml of milk (full fat).
- It’s 100 gm of mature Cheddar cheese, grated.
Pork Mince and Pasta Bake instructions
- Fry the onions and garlic gently in 1 tsp olive oil until soft.
- Add the mince and fry gently until cooked through.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, herbs, puree, Worcester sauce, sugar, pepper and chopped vegetables and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- For the cheese sauce:.
- Melt the butter or margerine, stir in the flour and cook on a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk and stir until thickened.
- Add the grated cheese handful by handful to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne for 5-10 minutes in boiling water until undercooked – drain and leave aside.
- Place the mince into a baking dish, put the macaroni on top and pour with the cheese sauce, top with more grated cheese if wished.
- Bake in the oven at 190’C/Gas mark 5 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling and the pasta is soft.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)