Recipe: Perfect Chili for Frito Chili Pie
Chili for Frito Chili Pie. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io Frito Pie is not really a pie at all — it's really more of a make-shift casserole than anything else. A ladle of chili is poured over the Fritos and the whole shebang is topped with grated Cheddar cheese and diced onions. Transfer some or all of the chili to a baking dish or individual ramekins.
How to Make Frito Chili Pie. This chili cheese pie has a ground beef & tomato base. You'll brown the ground beef and chopped veggies together until the beef is brown. You can cook Chili for Frito Chili Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili for Frito Chili Pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pkg of Williams chili mix.
- Prepare 2-10 of ou cans Rotel.
- You need 14.5 of ou Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- You need of Beef Chili – Owens or Schwabs.
- It’s 2 cans of Ranch style beans.
- Prepare of Fritos.
- You need of Sour cream.
- You need of Cheddar cheese.
Then add the tomato paste, water and spices to create a chili flavored sauce. Crockpot Frito Chili Pie – A recipe for Frito pie made simple using your crockpot! Simple homemade chili with plenty of cheddar cheese and crunchy Fritos corn chip topping. This is what I like to call Summer comfort food.
Chili for Frito Chili Pie step by step
- Brown meat with Williams mix, drain fat..
- In large pot simmer chili mix down until it is broken down from its brick form..
- Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the beans..
- Simmer for 3 – 4 hours stirring occasionally..
- Add beans and serve once they are warm..
- Put over Fritos and add shredded cheese and sour cream on top..
I wax nostalgic about the days when we would go to Sonic. It can be made in a casserole dish or kind of like a walking taco. See more ideas about frito chili pie, chili pie, frito chili. It's a classic, perfect football game food or anytime you want something that's quick and easy that the whole family will love. Reduce heat to medium; stir in taco seasoning mix, diced tomatoes and chili beans.