Recipe: Perfect Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell
Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Update: made this again but used frozen mixed veggies in addition to a cubed potato and the onion.
This easy and upscale pot pie features puff pastry shells, filled with a flavorful, creamy chicken and vegetable mixture. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the soup, milk and peas and carrots in the skillet and heat to a boil. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell using 32 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell
- It’s 1 pound of chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili infusedcolive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, thin sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, thin sliced.
- Prepare 8 ounces of small white mushrooms halved.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil, I used chili infused.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dryed thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dryed rosemary.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 of tablesppon all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of rich chicken stock, homemade is best.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon luice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of thin sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion, sliced.
- It’s of For Potatos.
- You need 4-6 of large russet potatoes, baked tender.
- You need of oil for frying.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of fresh grated romano cheese do sprinklinh.
- Prepare of ToGarnush.
- Prepare as needed of sliced green onions.
- Prepare as needed of chopped parsley.
- Prepare as needed of cherry tomatos.
This easy recipe for chicken pot pie with mashed potato crust is a whole new level of comfort food. Make them ahead for easy weeknight cooking! I do love a good pot pie, and I love it even more when the pot pie crust is made out of creamy, dreamy mashed potatoes. This healthy chicken pot pie comes together with protein packed chicken, carrots, buttery gold potatoes, onions and peas, fresh herbs and seasonings.
Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell step by step
- This makes 4 to 6 individual baked potato pot pies or 1 9 inch cake pan sized, top crust only one. Preheat the oven t00. 4oo Spray your pot pie pans with min stick spray if making the cake pan..
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, sriracha, spur cream and pepper.
- Add chicken and marinate 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook tenders just until cooked tgrough. Remove to a plate,.
- Add onion, celery, carrot,jalapeno, garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper the th yme and rosemary. Cover and cook unti tender.
- Remove cover and add butter, melt then stir in flour cook stirring 2 minutes on low.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer, cool 15 minutes at a low simmer stirringboften, add cream and lemon and cook 5 minutes or until desired thickness..
- Remove from heat and add chicken, parsley and green onions.
- Make Potato Shells.
- Scoop out potato pulp carefully from potato leaving a sturdy shell. (use potato pulp for another use).
- Heat oil in a pot deep enough to cover potato to 350. Fry 1 to 2 at a time until crisp and golden. Drain on a rack, season with.salt, pepper and romano cheese. I also fry the tops to serve on the side, they are crispy and delicious!.
- Fill hot potato shells with hot pot pie and serve, garnished with green onions, parsley and cherry tomatoes.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and How to make chicken pot pie: Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken, carrots, celery, and onion. Add salt, garlic powder, dried thyme, and pepper. Crustless Chicken Pot Pie is made with mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and chicken all blended into a healthy dinner meal that can be made as a Kitchen Tip: To make homemade mashed potatoes all you need to do is boil the potatoes, mash them with a masher or fork, add some chicken stock.