Recipe: Perfect Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie. Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk. It may be served with no topping, topped with a meringue topping made from the egg whites. This key lime pie filling has sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and is perfect for your favorite homemade I think if I make a key lime pie again, I'll look for one that's creamier and less sweet.
This Classic Key Lime Pie features an easy homemade graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy key lime pie filling, and homemade whipped cream on top. This Key Lime Pie is an American classic. Key lime pie is one of those sweet indulgences that you probably shouldn't eat on a daily basis. You can cook Key Lime Pie using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare of Crust :.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Filling :.
- It’s 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of key lime juice.
- It’s of zest of 1 lime (optional, for more of a tart flavor).
The easiest and BEST Key Lime pie! Creamy, luscious and perfectly tart Key Lime Pie with either an easy homemade graham cracker crust or a gingersnap cookie crust. This fresh, tart, authentic key lime pie recipe is the same one you'll remember from when you were a kid, and it's a breeze to make — all you need are a few ingredients to blend together! Key lime pie will forever be one of my favorite desserts.
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- Before getting started, if you're using fresh key limes for your pie, go ahead and squeeze them first. 1 lb. fresh key limes yields about 1/2 cup of juice. Strain any pulp or seeds out..
- Start by making the crust. If you're using whole Graham crackers, then you need about 10 sheets to yield 1 1/2 cups. Either pulse them in a food processer for a few seconds or place them in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin..
- Mix the Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar all together in a large bowl until combined and resembling a coarse, sandy mixture. Then, pour the crust mixture into the prepared pie pan and pack the crumbs around the pan and up the sides. I use the back of a small, metal dry measuring cup, but you can use your fingers to do this. Just make sure to pack the crumbs together well..
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. While it's baking, start to prepare the pie filling. Once the 12 minutes are up, remove the crust from the oven, but leave the oven on..
- Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg yolks and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest (if using). Pour the filling into the warm crust..
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the sides are very lightly browned. Its ok if the center still has a slight jiggle..
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then transfer it to the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours, before slicing and serving. Pie should be served chilled..
- Keep any leftovers stored, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 says..
This controversial Southern specialty has been winning over my tastebuds for years. Between the buttery and crunchy crust, tangy custard filling, and. Lime, cream and a buttery biscuit base – this zesty oven-baked treat makes a refreshing and indulgent end to a meal. Easy to make and incredibly flavorful! Made with a buttery graham cracker base and a bright fresh lime and rich sweetened condensed milk filling.