Recipe: Yummy Great Nan's Pasta Bake
Great Nan's Pasta Bake.
You can have Great Nan's Pasta Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Great Nan's Pasta Bake
- Prepare 1 of onion – chopped.
- You need 375 g of mince (pork and/or beef).
- You need 8 of ozs penne pasta.
- You need 2 tbs of passata or one tsp tomato puree.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of parsley.
- It’s of White sauce.
- It’s 2 oz of Pure Margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbs of plain flour.
- Prepare half of pint milk.
- Prepare of grated cheese.
Great Nan's Pasta Bake step by step
- Fry the onion for one minute then add mince. Brown the mince and add passata or tomato puree..
- Add half a cup of water, cover and simmer until water has evaporated. Cook pasta and drain well..
- Cover the base of your dish with half the pasta then top with all the mince. Sprinkle mince with the parsley, then layer the rest of the pasta on top..
- Make white sauce (melt the butter, add the flour then slowly add the milk while bringing to a boil and stirring constantly) and pour over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. (Season mince, pasta and white sauce as you go along)..
- Cook for approximately half an hour until golden brown (gas mark 5 / 190). Mins looks very pale because I made a gluten and dairy free version for the children..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)