Recipe: Yummy Dal Fry
Dal Fry. Dal fry is usually prepared with arhar dal also known as tur, toovar or yellow lentils or pigeon pea Both dal fry and Dal tadka are two popular dal dishes served in Indian restaurants. Dal fry is one of the most basic & simple dal recipe from Indian cuisine. Dal fry recipe with stovetop & Instant pot options.
I use a mix of toor (pigeon pea lentil) and masoor dal (red lentil) for the dal which is then tempered with onion, tomatoes and lot of ginger. Dal Fry is a popular Indian lentil recipe. This recipe uses Toor dal, which is also known as Arhar or Toovar dal. You can have Dal Fry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal Fry
- It’s 1 cup of pigeon peas (yellow spilt, tuvar dal).
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare as required of Oil.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 7-8 of Garlic.
- It’s 2-3 of Green chily.
- Prepare 1 inch of pieces Ginger.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powerd.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
The dal is seasoned with variety of spices and it tastes delicious. the recipe for toor dal fry or arhar dal fry is very easy to prepare with no complicated steps. yet jeera rice. secondly, the dal fry is generally prepared only with toor dal or pigeon pea lentil. however, you. This homemade restaurant style dal fry is one of my most frequently made recipes! Dal fry and dal tadka are the two popular dal dishes that served in Punjabi restaurants. Dal fry is made with toor dal mostly (split pigeon peas), an easy to cook, comfort food that goes well with steamed rice and some have it with roti/ phulkas too.
Dal Fry step by step
- Wash the pigeon pea properly.now soaked the for 15-20 in water.now add water in cooker add pigeon pea.cook upto 2-3 whistle.
- Griend the ginger,garlic,green chilli and make a paste.make tomato query by grinding tomatoes.cut onion in small pieces.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil.After oil heat add Bay leaf,now add garlic,green chilli,ginger paste.cooked it for30 sec.nkw add chopped onion in it.and cook it for 1-2 min.now add tomato curry.cook it for 1-2 min..
- Now add turmeric powder,red chilli powder.Salt(as tasty).and gram masala, now,mix it well now cover it for 2-3 min..
- Now add pigeon pea in the pan.now mix it well.now again cover it up to one time boil.now cook it for 1-2 min on low flame..
- Now your recipe is ready to it….enjoy the dish.
This Dhaba Style Dal Fry is an authentic Indian recipe! It's not a regular dal and has some really bold flavors from tempering that complement its thick consistency. It's really easy to make and can be put. Dal fry is made by adding boiled and softened lentils (dal) to a seasoning of onion, tomato and spices which have been fried in ghee or Dal fry is a warm and filling dish full of proteins, nutrients and fibre. Dal fry recipe is an Indian dish prepared using cooked lentils which is then fried with onions and tomatoes.