Recipe: Yummy Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber
Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber. Tofu is one of those foods that sparks debate. Some can't rave enough about its health benefits, while Tofu is a food made of condensed soy milk that is pressed into solid white blocks in a process. ↑ Cоциальная сеть для ученых ResearchGate. – Tofu: technological and nutritional potential. – Tofu nutrition, glycemic index, calories and serving size. Wie Tofu den Hormonhaushalt beeinflussen kann.
Tofu, also tōfu (the Japanese Romaji spelling), doufu (the Chinese Pinyin spelling often used in Chinese recipes) or bean curd (the literal translation), is a food of Chinese origin, made by coagulating soy milk, and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks. Tofu: Either you love it, or you haven't had it prepared well. Buddhist monks spread the good word about tofu across Japan and Korea, and a few centuries later, the protein made its way to the US. You can have Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber
- You need of Rice.
- It’s 2 of pak choi.
- You need 20 ml of soy sauce.
- You need 12 sprigs of fresh coriander.
- You need 20 g of sesame seeds.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need of Sweet and sour cucumber.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Tofu marinade.
- Prepare 400 g of tofu.
- You need 4 cm of ginger.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of ketjap.
- You need 20 ml of soy sauce.
- You need of Sambal.
Tofu rich in protein helps in weight management, preventing anemia & osteoporosis & lowering cholesterol levels. Tofu is rich in calcium, iron & anticancer properties. Tofu is a widely-enjoyed food made from soybeans, and it is a great example of how a simple food like soybeans can be woven into human food traditions in a way that is natural, inexpensive, and nourishing. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place.
Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber instructions
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes and mix in a bowl with the white wine or rice vinegar and sugar. Let the sweet and sour absorb, occasionally toss..
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the ginger with a fine grater. Press the garlic or chop finely. In a small bowl mix the soy sauce with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, ketjap and sambal to taste. Mix 3/4 of the marinade with the tofu cubes..
- Cut the pak choi lengthwise. Coarsely chop the coriander..
- Heat half of the sunflower oil in a skillet or grill pan with a lid over medium heat. Place the pak choi with the cut side down in the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes. Pour 20 ml soy sauce and 1 tbsp water per person over the pak choi, and steam with the lid on the pan for another 4-5 minutes, or until soft..
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet, without butter or oil, over medium heat and fry the sesame seeds until golden brown. Remove from the pan and store separately. Add the remaining sunflower oil to the pan and fry the marinated tofu cubes for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve the rice with the grilled pak choi, the sweet and sour cucumber and the tofu cubes. Garnish with the sesame seeds, the remaining marinade and the coriander. Enjoy! :).
A subreddit for tofu recipes, homemade tofu, and anything tofu related. See more ideas about Tofu, Tofu recipes, Tofu dishes. Tofu is one of my favourite ingredients in Chinese cooking. Although it's cheap and common, it could be served in an elegant way to impress. Последние твиты от Tofuu (@Tofu). This marinated tofu is hands down the best tofu I've ever tasted!