Recipe: Yummy Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto
Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto. Great recipe for Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto. A "one pot" recipe that comes together quickly on a weeknight. The lemon pepper seasoning packs a tart punch and the paprika lends a spicy depth.
Remove all chicken pieces and sausage using a slotted spoon. Pour broth into different bowl and set aside. Add the chicken and marinate for as long as possible. You can have Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto
- It’s 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 lb of favorite sausage.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon pepper seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter, halved.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of arborio rice.
- You need 1/4 of marsala (or other dry wine/sherry).
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesean, grated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley.
Grill until chicken is cooked through. If you prefer you can cut the chicken into small pieces before you marinate it. To make the risotto bring the chicken stock to a simmer. Keep hot on a low gas.
Spiced Lemon-pepper Chicken and Sausage Risotto instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the spice mix, combining the lemon pepper, paprika, and minced garlic.
- Prep all your other ingredients.
- Melt the oil (or your favorite fat) in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken skin-side down and the sausage in the dutch oven..
- Sprinkle half the seasoning on top of the meat. Continue to sear for 3 min..
- Flip the meat to cook on the other side and sprinkle the remaining seasoning..
- Remove the meat from the dutch oven and set aside. Add the butter to the pan.
- Scraping the bits up, when the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and cook over medium until translucent..
- Deglaze the remainder of the pan with the marsala or whatever dry wine you have on hand..
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Toast the rice in the pan for 1 min.
- Add the stock and 1 cup of the milk and stir. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup for later. If you're inclined this is a great place to add 1/2 tsp of msg to really bump the savoryness up..
- Nestle the chicken and sausage back into the pan.
- Bake covered 10 min.
- Remove cover and continue to bake 20 min more..
- Remove the dutch oven from the oven and turn the broiler on..
- Remove the meat from the dutch oven and place on a tray sprayed with nonstick spray. Broil 5 min to crisp chicken and sausage.
- Add the remaining milk, remaining butter, cheese, and parsley to the risotto and stir to combine.
- Plate the rice, laying the sausage and chicken on top.
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add rice and stir until mixture is coated in oil. Season the chicken with the salt, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Stir with a spatula to make sure all of the chicken is seasoned. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, when hot, add the chicken.